Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Colette Peony - 2nd attempt! Dancing novelty retro fabric

This was my second attempt at the Colette Peony dress pattern, as I did love it, despite the fitting problems I mentioned. I fell in love with the fabric and bought it as a remnant. I decided this had to be a summer dress, so would leave the sleeves off. I'd fiddled endlessly with the muslin for my first Peony - I even cut a horizontal band, which is probably not the right way to do it, but I'm making it up a little as I get more comfortable with dressmaking. You can see what I mean about a horizontal band in this picture of my muslin for my first Peony.

This second dress came together very quickly, and I'm really pleased.

 I added the ricrac detail to the neckline:

And I'm still wondering whether to add a line above the hem.

I'll probably make another at some point, as the fit on this one, without sleeves, is much more comfortable. It is a lovely pattern, and very easy to follow.

1 comment:

Elizabethd said...

What pretty fabric that is. There is such a sense of satisfaction in dressmaking.