Another week, another dress. Or two - this dressmaking thing is addictive I'm finding. I'm getting a bit worried about what I do with my already crammed wardrobe! I've had this particular pattern for a while, and was attracted by the wide waist yoke. I made it up first out of a Liberty Tana Lawn map print. The finishing isn't perfect. I was meant to topstitch everywhere, but after attempting the yoke, I gave up any more as my top stitching is a little wonky. Fortunately it doesn't really show on this too badly.
I tried to insert a zip - still not brilliant at this, but I sort of like the visible approach on this one.
But overall, it was a fun one to do.
I then decided to make it up out of a length of wool I've had for a long, long time.
There was just enough. I lined it with a purple, which looks read, but is purple!
And I think I prefer it in the wool:
It makes the fabulous design stand out far more.
I also used binding for the neckline to give a bit of contrast. So that's the latest in my dressmaking adventures.