Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Making a quilt for my son


Seeing the wonderful quilt Jane made for her son, here, reminded me I haven't blogged about the quilt I made for mine recently. My 12 year old asked if I could make him a quilt, having watched my earlier efforts here. I was so pleased, as it's rare for him to ask for me to sew him something. He chose a nautical theme, and had a good rummage through my fabrics. I then cut them into strips, using my rotary cutter (I'm so glad that was an early purchase when I started sewing again) and cutting mat.


We then played around quite a bit with the design.


More photos to come as I seem to have lost all the photos of the finished quilt. It was lovely to work on this with him.



3 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Lovely fabric. Do show the finished quilt, I'm sure he was thrilled to have hos own.

dancingonabladeofgrass said...

Love the nautical theme - you've been a very busy sewing bee lately!

Look forward to seeing the finished quilt. You are inspiring me.

Anne-Marie said...

Oh, I love this! Gorgeous fabric and how lovely that your boy is getting involved, too. My youngest boy is now 25 and married with two babies....but he took his beloved flannel snowman quilt with him, when he married....hahaaa! Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog....it was so nice to see you pop in! x