Thursday, 11 April 2013

A book for a reluctant teen

My 15 year old rarely reads - she's always found reading 'boring' and I rarely find a book that she will get absorbed in. I love books, and I'm lost without a book, so this has been hard for me to accept. Especially a few weeks back when she told me she wasn't interested in trying anymore... which made me determined to find her a book.

I spent ages choosing and settled on Louise Rennison's Withering Tights!


She loved it! Read it in a day. She's not an avid reader by far, but I've persuaded her there are books out there for her. She's now gone on to Me Before You, by Jojo Moyes, which I think is a brilliant, easy read, with lots of issues to discuss. So far so good.

1 comment:

Elizabethd said...

I love anythign by JoJo Moyes. Have just finished 'The girl I left behind'.