Friday, 25 January 2013

Quilting - part 3 - stitching the binding


So, this is what I was doing last night. It's so relaxing to be handstitching the binding, which, with the size of the quilt, is around 16 feet. Still some way to go, but at this time of year a warm quilt on your lap, and a wood stove, and it's bliss.

I've chosen to use a floral bias binding that I've had for a long time. It just seemed perfectly matched for the floral fabrics.

Thanks for all your comments - this one's nearly done, and I'll post a final, finished, picture!

4 comments:

dancingonabladeofgrass said...

Oooh well done! It certainly does look cosy and a good project to work on in this chilly weather.

Is that a penguin I see? Should he not be outside?

Anne-Marie said...

I do agree about how relaxing hand-stitching can be, and that floral fabric is lovely....keep it up!

Elizabethd said...

I love floral binding,aand managed to find some via Ebay a few month ago. It's so pretty.

Lace hearts said...

Yes, he's a well-trained house penguin, Dancing! Thank you all for your lovely comments. x