Sunday, 13 January 2013

Making of a papier mache head


I just had to show you what my 14 year old made, as I thought it was really good - in the way you do, when it's your child :) This started because we'd started fashioning a vase out of chicken wire, meaning to make it into a papier mache disaster. It's turned out a lot more fun. She covered the wire with newspaper, soaked in pva, then created teeth and fashioned the features from kitchen roll.


Then came the painting in skin tones. It's supposed to be a particular, red-headed singer, but I can't remember which one!


She drew in the eyebrows and eyes.


And added hair.


Sadly, it's now gone to a friend... I so wanted to keep this one.


2 comments:

Primroses Attic said...

What a lovely head. It must of taken ages to finish. I've done a lot with my children over the years and they loved it tooooo!
Rosezeeta

Elizabethd said...

What an amazing piece of craft!