Thursday, 4 October 2012

Make a skirt from a dress - mine cost £2!


I picked up this dress at the weekend for the princely sum of £2 - on a end of season bargain rail. It's not my size, but I loved the material, with its cute parrots, so decided that for £2 it would be perfect to try and make into a skirt.

I found a book in the library and traced a pattern onto greaseproof paper and cut out. I'll try and find the book, as it's a really lovely one, and I plan to make more from it.


I had to jiggle a bit - there's a seam where there's not meant to be a seam, but I'm thrilled with the result. Best of all, it was such a fun project.


I just need to hem. So if you spot something in a shop reduced to a ridiculous price, it's always worth snapping up. [As long as it doesn't end up on the 'things to do' job list. :) ]



2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

What gorgeous fabric, and such a bargain too.

ANGLESEY ALLSORTS said...

How Fab is that! .... just love that fabric with the little birds. Well done.

Vicky x