Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Eggstravaganza in Covent Garden


 I couldn't resist posting about my wander around Covent Garden in London earlier this year, as I thought I'd lost the photos. More than 200 eggs had been decorated and scattered in various locations around London for the 3 months leading up to Easter, and I saw some of them, but then they all came together in Covent Garden.


It was fascinating having a wander around.



I loved this one:


Amazing detail in the china flowers:


There was all sorts. This was fun - an egg made up of little metal people:


And a world map (with a model pigeon on top):

 And this one


It's so nice when you stumble upon photos you thought you'd lost. I hope you enjoyed ambling around Covent Garden with me. There were so many, they even hung them from the roof!


Does anybody else remember seeing them?

1 comment:

Lululiz said...

I had no idea you were talking about giant eggs, lol, these are incredible! I think your favourite is my favourite as well, it is just amazing. I'd love a smaller version of that for my home.