Friday, 13 July 2012

A little bit of sewing - embroidery and applique


I wanted to make a little purse to keep some of my sewing bits and pieces in - like my felt balls, which I am constantly misplacing. I found this gorgeous girls dancing print, and printed onto some cream cotton, then embroidered with the machine - I think I'll do it again, but hand embroider next time.


We've also been doing some family sewing. We've finally finished two of the cushions we were making together, which I think I've blogged about before. The children cut and designed (on a toadstool theme), and I machine stitched for them. Here's one:

And here's the other:


They all really enjoyed this project, so we'll be doing it again soon. I love the results - just two more to finish off.

For those who guessed, yes, we were making elderflower cordial. I wasn't that keen on the taste, but the making of it was fun (as was collecting the florets). Give me a bubbling pan of jam or jelly any day!

3 comments:

dinoprincesschar said...

aww i just love love love that purse. where did you find the print, is it something you printed onto the fabric? :)

Maria said...

Hi Caroline,
I wondered what you were making!!
I soo love the material on the little purse.( gorgeous)
I also think your children's cushions are very,malsooes very pretty!
Thank you for your kind words over on mine, we are over the moon!! hehe...

Anne-Marie said...

Absolutely delightful....each an' every one....but my favourite has to be the red toadstool.....gorgeous!
p.s. I'm with you on the elderflower cordial...yuk!