Sunday, 29 April 2012

Herman the German friendship cake: arrival! :)


Go on, admit it, how many of you have had Herman already? I've managed to avoid him for a long, long time, but had to concede a friend pulled a clever fast one when she arrived for a meal last night bearing TWO Hermans! This friendship cake appears to have Amish origins in America. I'll see if I can keep him alive or not - he's bubbling away on my kitchen top at the moment. Or rather THEY are bubbling away on my kitchen worktop. I certainly intend to try and pass one on! :)

I have 20 days until I can cook him, and have to look after him every day, albeit briefly. During this time, I expect my house to begin smelling like a brewery. But it's strange, I do quite like the idea of Herman! We'll see. Any advice, welcomed. Kill him now, I hear lots of you shout?! ;)

Now on to something else that's come up. If you regularly read and enjoy my blog, I'd really appreciate any votes, following this link...

Sainsburys bank blog awardSainsburys Bank blog award

Position of blogs in the list appears to change, so I can't tell you which column I'll be in, but I'm really getting worried I'll be last as I don't network my blog and there are such fabulous blogs there. I'm flattered to be included. But being last might be a little bit embarrassing. :) So it you would like to vote for me, I'd be very grateful. x

4 comments:

strandkorbtraum said...

You have my vote ... and Herman is also circulating in Germany. It's ok the first few times, but after the fifth or tenth Herman-cake you just want something else ... but hey just give it away - it will come back to you in a year or two ...

faith76 said...

I have heard Herman is very very tasty. He has passed through my office but bypassed me!

I shall try and find your blog on the list and cast a vote for you.

MelMel said...

I've eaten Herman cake.....but avoided taking on the responsibility!

xx

aline said...

Voted!

I had one of these given a few weeks ago. He didn't go his full term, I cooked him early and he tasted ok. I forgot to keep a bit of him though!