Friday, 23 March 2012

Slow cooker for idiots guide Part 2!

Here we go... a slow cooker leftover chicken meal!

I'm reassured that I'm not the only one who can't get to grips with my slow cooker by the amount of visits I've had for my part 1 slow cooker for idiots guide, and a huge thank you for those who stopped to comment. I'm not a chef - I can cook, but I tend to throw things together, so please don't expect perfect recipes, but if I can help encourage a few people, I'll be very pleased. And if you have any recipes you have tried and are foolproof, please let me know.

So for last night's meal, I wanted to use up some leftover chicken. At 2pm (for a 6-ish pm meal) I cut up an onion and four carrots and put them into the slow cooker. I added one tin of chopped tomatoes, and an extra half can of water to get the extra tomato juices out. Then I dissolved a veggie stock cube in half a mug of water and added that. I switched on at medium.

A half hour later I added some charlotte potatoes. A good stir and the lid went back on.


 Two hours in I added the cooked chicken and a can of drained chick peas, and stirred again.

Total cook time was four hours. It was a really lovely and tasty meal, and the carrots were just right - not soggy. The potatoes held together as well. So another success, and I was really pleased.

No comments: