Thursday, 1 March 2012

A little bit of family fun with applique


Inspired by the wonderful artwork fabric creations from the lovely lady here, my eldest and I settled down for an afternoon of applique fun. I'm obviously obsessed by houses, so popped three into a farming scene - I thought the patchwork fields worked really well. I haven't finished, so there will be another photo to come. It takes a long time to do applique, but it is such a relaxing thing to do.

Eldest meanwhile produced this:


She's still working on it, but I thought it was lovely.

6 comments:

Madison said...

Very sweet. Love the beach huts. She obviously gets her talent from her Mum.

Madison xxx

Lajoni said...

They are sooo lovely...you have definitely inspired me to ''have a go''

Anne-Marie said...

Oh, sounds like bliss....sigh.
So cute and pretty....lookin' forward to seeing it finished!

Highland Monkey's said...

well done, it looks lovely. Is it going to be a picture or cushion?
Your daughter has done excellent work on the beach huts.

aline said...

This is lovely Lacey. What a lovely way to spend time with DD
I know I have been inspired by what P does, she has brilliant ideas.

Katherine said...

How fun! It's looking great. Pretty cool to be making this with your daughter.