Thursday, 26 January 2012

Valentine's Day Love


I've been cutting templates to back some of my letters this morning. Guess which this was for! :) After I've finished the letters, I have to trace and cut the backing. Once the backing is sewn onto the ribbon that hangs the letters, I then fix the letters and choose buttons to embellish at either end. I love these buttons in particular, which I found at Liberty in London.


And sewn in place:


It really is a long process, but I think the result is well worth the wait.


I've also been going back to a hobby I did a long time ago, which was stamping. I tried stamping on linen, which isn't the easiest as it's got such a texture. But I'm very happy with the mobile phone cover I made. It's just a little bit different.


6 comments:

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

I just LOVE your bunting and stamping .... What sort of ink do you use Lacey ? Xx

MelMel said...

I love idea of stamping onto linen....it looks very effective abd such a lovely useful item too!xx

LissyLou said...

i love!!

Annie xx TheFeltFairy said...

wOW! The bunting is gorgeous! I like stamping on linen too! Your makes are fab xx

Sandra said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. I adore the LOVE bunting you have made - so clever!

Second Hand Rose said...

Oh wow that looks gorgeous! I'm so tempted to make something like that now! You're very talented! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/