Friday, 6 January 2012

Juggling all those different tasks!


I had a bit of a wobble this morning. I'm usually a cup half full sort of person, and I'd definitely say I think on the positive side. But I wobbled this morning because I'm continually amazed by how other women cope so well with running a perfect home (there are numerous blogs out there with such perfect pictures of perfect sofas and perfect table settings and perfect children's bedrooms...). My home never looks like this, which is why I rarely show glimpses of my home. My children's bedrooms are a continual mess, though in the scheme of things, I don't think they are that bad. Let's say, they are lived in. But on top of the perfect appearance, these same bloggers manage to keep their blogs updated regularly (I'm a huge fail on that!), update on Twitter every 2 seconds (fail!), run successful online businesses (Sew Happy is going pretty well, but not nearly as well as some online business), update their facebook business pages four or five times a day (fail), and regularly post on forums - I've been making inroads into Etsy, but ... just how people have the time... I don't get it. This isn't meant to be a rant against other bloggers at all - I just wish I could keep up, and, yes, I'm very very very jelly-ous!

Anyway, in an attempt to try a bit better, I've divided my time today into 1 hour slots, and am seeing what I get achieved. So far, it's worked pretty well. I started with a cup of tea, in my fave new mug, a Christmas pressie, and spent an hour tidying, hoovering, and putting a load of washing in. No pictures, as house still a mess, but bits of it (I emphasize bits) are clean.


Then I spent the next couple of hours sewing. I haven't finished - I'll reveal it soon, but I achieved what I wanted to achieve, and I'm pleased. I'd spent a couple of hours sewing yesterday and made this yesterday:


(The 'O' is finished now... but I had to hurry to take a picture before the light went.)

Now I've allowed myself an hour online. No time to update my Sew Happy Folksy shop (which I'm pretty proud of, having made my 50th sale this week, which was lovely) or even try to get to grips with Etsy and how it works on there (Sew Happy Etsy)... but I decided to update my neglected blog ... hence the post!

I'm thrilled this month to have featured in the January issue of Popular Crafts. Two of my Sew Happy items feature on one page, and I've reviewed the FabricMaster for them... sneak picture here of what I got up to:


Right, my hour's nearly up. On to the next task. There's not enough hours in the day. If you've read this far, thank you! And if you've the time to leave a comment, I'd love to know I'm not alone.

8 comments:

Jane Cardie said...

Oh for a few extra hours in each day!. My house if far from perfect and I never seem to have enough time to do everything. You are not alone but to me you sound like you are doing a great job of things!! Have a great rest of Friday. Jane x

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

Lacey those are HOUSES and not HOMES ...... my mantra for years has been "an immaculate house is the sign of a wasted life"

I used to have a big poster saying that on my fridge and looked at it everytime somebody else made me feel inadequate. xx

Mummy Boo Bear said...

Ah yes where are those 70 hr days? being a stay at home mum my house still manges to look a bomb site 70% of the time no matter how much I tidy. Keep meaning to maybe start selling a few items online but never seem to get round to it and lack confidence too. I try to update my blog at least once a week but that is not always possible. Dont do twitter but wouldnt have much time for that either! lol.

Sounds to me you do a fantastic job just a normal person fitting it all in best way you can. As we all know what you see in blogland is not always the whole truth! lol. We all show are best or happy faces on here in the main, reality is there lots more bubbling along in the background. If its helps I am having the worst week and it has not got any better. Ho hum.

Take care and dont let it all get you down.


MBB x

LissyLou said...

please don't 'wobble' most blogs only show the nice bits of their homes - i know i do and i often have to clear up or move stuff to the side to take pictures. I remember reading a blog a while back whose house was immaculate and then she did a post of photos that we didn't see - it was so refreshing!!!

i love your home cushion - completely gorgeous!!!

Elizabethd said...

It's not where you live, it's how you live that is important. Dont you wonder if all those perfect ladies have time for their families, time to spend with friends?

maypole said...

You are not alone x

MelMel said...

Pictures can be so posed!
It's easy to take a lovely picture and all the while a massive pile of ironing is two cm's to the side! (my spare room)
You do so much that is great....you're fab and you are published...which is amazing!

Until they find a way of popping micro chips Stepford wives style into our heads...we will all be just perfectly human! I do have a need some days to wear kitten heels and a full 50's skirt while cleaning the inside of the oven.....eerrmm....cos that has never been actually cleaned.....yikes!

Melxxx

Jessica Cole said...

I am SO relieved that I am not the only one!!! Thank you for sharing, it makes me feel like less of a failure and a little more human with my not-so perfect home. Anyway, I think that if a house is 'perfect' then people can't quite relax in it the same way. xxx