Saturday, 5 November 2011

Patch the rabbit


We have two gorgeous rabbits, and I've been wanting to make a pattern for a rabbit for a long time. It's taken a long time of sketching out ideas, and trying different ways. I wanted this one to be 3D, but also wanted to capture a rabbit's movement. Rabbits have this curious half hop motion. I've finally settled on this design. I'd love to have feedback - do you think he's sale-able for my Sew Happy shop?


Like my lavender dogs, I'm intending all my rabbits to have script ears. Or maybe one should have vegetable ears, like my sausage dog?

http://www.folksy.com/items/2514641-Doorstop-Sausage-dog?shop=yes
Sausage dog has now found a happy home... will have to decide on fabric for another...




2 comments:

BlossomBells said...

I know exactly what you mean about the rabbit half hop and I think Patch captures that beautifully. Did you try a version with a nose stitched on? Anyway I think you should definitely add to the shop! Hope that's helpful :-)

Lace hearts said...

Thanks so much - do you know, I um-ed and ah-ed so long about the nose. My dogs always look so cute, but I couldn't find quite the right approach. Definitely helpful, and will have a play. Thank you.