Friday, 10 June 2011

Fabric hearts

 
There's something very theraputic about making lavender hearts. I love the smell of the lavender, but I also love choosing the ribbons and buttons to embellish each one. I spent a lovely morning this week doing just that, having pre-made a number of hearts ready for embellishment.


I make batches of them for a local shop, and she always loves the fact I make them all different. I think I'd get bored if I didn't. Sometimes I use applique, but those take much more time.


Others are pretty enough without applique...


This time the postcard fabric was my absolute favourite, though the cats came a close second.


But they all looked very pretty.


And they are now on display in my local shop. A job well done, I think.

6 comments:

Vintage from the Village said...

Very nice indeed, the first bird one is my favourite.
I havn't made any for ages !
Sue x

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

Ooh lovely hearts Lacey .... I've been watching that birdie fabric on Fleabay .... is it nice to work with?? Have a lovely weekend x

lemonade kitty said...

A basket of very pretty eye candy, love the postcard fabric and I can smell the lavender from here, Lucety x

Lululiz said...

A whole basketful of gorgeous hearts, how lovely!

Lyn said...

I love the smell of lavender too, the hearts look great, very pretty and I can imagine the smell!
xxx

Julies Knit and Sew Corner said...

Oh these hearts are lovely, I don't think I have a favourite they are all so nice.
I have not been able to comment much through blogger, so I am leaving you this one from google reader.
best wishes julie.c