Thursday, 16 June 2011

Crochet and flowers


I think I've mentioned before how much I love crochet. I taught myself, and I've loved it as a major source of relaxation. I've always loved anything with flowers, so crochet flowers are an addiction.


The lovely thing about crochet flowers is that once you've followed patterns and made a few, it's very easy to make them up as you go along - especially ones with simple chain petals.


It's lovely to make brooches out of the results, or just use them to adorn other makes. I made a purse recently from a pattern, simply because it was decorated in crocheted flowers:


My daughter then demanded her own, which I crocheted while she was away on a school trip as a surprise welcome home pressie...


Hers is lined with a pretty lavender lady fabric and she loves it. She's also been crocheting flowers - it really isn't hard, so pick up a crochet hook if you haven't ever tried it!
I've also been crocheting hearts.


If you're learning to crochet, you'll find flowers quick and easy and immensely satisfying to do. And if you need a bit of help, do check the tutorial I did a few years back, here.

6 comments:

Lululiz said...

Such a variety of pretty little flowers, they are very sweet.

Rachael @ CleverCheshireCats said...

Lovely flowers Xx

Julies Knit and Sew Corner said...

Your flowers look lovely, and they have made the little purse look so good.
Julie.C

silverpebble said...

Your flowers are beautiful and many thanks to the link to your tutorial - I'm off to check it out.

Highland Monkey's said...

What a pretty little purse no wonder your daughter was delighted.

❦TattingChic said...

Cuteness! What a darling prezzy for your darling daughter! I think you asked me about learning tatting once (or maybe twice) ;) I have to tell you that I think that crochet is probably harder than tatting...I mean there are ALL those stitches to remember! With tatting it's just the one stitch...the double stitch...it's just learning it that is the deal with it...once you learn it then you are good to go! Anyways...thanks for visiting my blog it was so nice to "see" you my friend! :)
~TattingChic ♥