Thursday, 3 February 2011

Cooking and sewing, and anyone fancy a tute?


Has anybody tried this cook book. I thought I had enough cook books, but I was tempted by this one and I've been loving it. It's organised in a really kitchen friendly way, and works through cooking one thing, and then what you can do with the leftovers. It's particularly thrifty, and the recipes I've done so far have been delicious. We had this earlier in the week.


I've often made stew, but cooked in a roasting tin? Never. But it worked, and tasted delicious. Have to add that the dumplings were my addition - I'm not allowed to make a stew without dumplings as they are devoured in our home.

I've also been busy making little coin purses. These were fun to do...


and yacht ones as well


I also wanted to give you a peep at what I've been working on ...


It's a bit of a teaser of a picture, I know, but I was wondering whether anybody fancied a tutorial? If so, I'll try and sort one out, as it's a long time since I've done one.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

First of all loved your previous post and lol over your cookbook too funny!!
I wish I had been blessed with half of your talent!

Thecraftytrundler said...

Scrummy meal!!!
Love those little purses, such gorgeous fabric!!! I;m intrigued by that last pic, and would love to see a tutorial : )

Sharon xx

debbie said...

I don't have the book but remember watching the TV series they did about helping people to eat well, but cheaply. Paul Merrett attended the secondary school I used to work at and was a lovely lad, so it's nice he's done so well in his chosen career. You've nudged me into looking up some of his online recipes!

patricias fabric art said...

I'm going to get this cookery book,as I don't have much spare time and it might help.I love your hearts and little purses

maypole said...

We love stew with dumplings, always make enough for left overs. That looks delicious lacey.