Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Fundraising - urgent appeal


I'm busy sewing for a fund raising evening on Friday. Please take a moment to read about the appeal here. I'm hoping to be able to contribute a healthy sum. This little boy's family need to raise £300,000 to take him to the States for treatment for the agressive cancer he has. The appeal has reached £200,000, and he needs to go this summer. Please forward the link - it raised a huge amount in one leap simply by one person forwarding it on as an email signature. Every bit helps.

Here's a link to a youtube video about Adam Bird as well. Here!

A few bits I'll be taking include some pretty placemats and coasters - Cath Kidston:


or a fab letter print:


And I've been busy making lots of brooches. Here's a small selection.


Adam, the little boy in the appeal, has suffered enormously, and there's a lot of fundraising going on locally. There is a chance the treatment could save his life. We are all hoping so. Please support the appeal if you feel able. x

4 comments:

LissyLou said...

awww, i'll go have a look now xx

LissyLou said...

Thank you for bringing my attention to Adam, it has touched me more than you can imagine....i have donated and have put a link on my blog and facebook xx

Lace hearts said...

Thank you so much LissyLou - what a good idea popping a link in your sidebar. Will do the same. xxx

madmummy said...

Hi there! I had heard about the appeal from a friend, but unfortunately can't go to the shopping eve as at a Wedding. Are you selling your creations there? We live local to you (I think!) and I would happily donate some items for you to sell...
x Steph