Sunday, 25 April 2010

Sewing, florals... and the difference between men and women!


I've been getting a lot of sewing done since the children went back to school. Holidays are holidays, and they are precious, but school time is sewing time (well, some of school time, anyway!). But first, I am so happy with what's in the shops at the moment...


Florals! Lots and lots of florals. What's a girl to do!


 I have always adored floral clothing... well, floral everything really. But I have florals in my wardrobe that go back to when I was a teenager. My friends (most floral clothing haters) gave up on me years ago. But this year, I may even see some of them in florals!


 It's actually dangerous for me to go in any shops right now. Especially clothes shops! I rarely buy clothes for myself. But this year, it's a bit different. And I've also picked up some fab vintage Laura Ashley


Yummy!

Just to crash back down to earth, in the midst of all this, I had a bit of a disaster this week when I put a shall-remain-nameless cleaning fluid into my dishwasher and came down to find...



Opening the dishwasher revealed a ton of bubbles and more water poured out...


Won't be trying that again!

So, what have I been sewing. Well, some lavender hearts are half made:


I've also been making more glass cases...


And a few shoulder bags:


It's fun to be able to have some time to sew again. I'll be updating the Sew Happy Shop soon.

Now, about the difference between men and women. Hubs and I are looking to replace my car... it's too old and on it's last legs. And I mean old. Well, we went to look at a possible replacement car today. Two other cars in the seller's drive. Conversation on driving away went:
Me: Nice cars they had (nice meaning, nice but nothing special!).
Hubs: That was £120 grands worth of cars!
Me: Um. Was it? Cripes.
I just don't see it! Ho hum. Sad, ain't I! I think when you drive a 15 year old beaten up boy racer, you just can't see it!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm with you....give me flowers everywhere! I especially love your sweater....just lovely.

Love,
Amy

Serenata said...

Its a bit like when they ask what sort of car it was and you say 'blue' LOL

Isn't it great to be able to catch up on sewing. I'm sure you will have time to catch up on your quilt soon. I'm doing mine in fits and starts.

Lululiz said...

I LOVE that cardigan!!! It has roses on it!

Elizabethd said...

Gorgeous fabrics, I love the look of 'old' florals. It's getting harde to find vintage LA now, sadly.