Thursday, 1 April 2010

A few bits and pieces...


I finally managed to take the children up to the Saatchi Gallery... and they loved these little chairs, which was a project with local schools. They liked the rest of it, but the chairs were a hit! What a surprise. I liked them as well. There was also the trendy stuff...


which they liked, but weren't quite sure what to make of. I love taking kids to exhibitions like this, because they say it how it is. Brilliant.
I've also been hard at work on a huge commission for my Sew Happy Shop, which has been great fun, but truly exhausting.


It actually even exhausted my poor sewing machine, which had to go in for repair.


But it's now back, and very happy once more, so I've been working on some new ideas... there's just not enough time. I've completed some bunting for starters.


I've been wanting to make bunting for some time, but there's a lot of it out there - bunting is so lovely, isn't it. But seeing stuff everywhere just makes me want to do something different, which is great, because it keeps me interested. Anyway, I realized I hadn't seen much shaped bunting. It's all triangular, So I thought, why not make some with the fabric in mind... I've had this fabric for a little while, and it's gorgeous, really gorgeous. It was obviously waiting for a project like this. I backed it with lush stripey fabric...


Yummy. Have a lovely Easter everyone. Thank you so much for popping by. I'm off to gobble some chocolate. : )

4 comments:

MelMel said...

Hi Lacey, Will email you later, love the new style bunting....its very King Arthur....xxx

Josie-Mary said...

Love the bunting...I agree with Mel. Have a good Easter with lots of chocolate!! :)

silverpebble said...

Ooh, interesting pictures from the Saatchi. It's great how children just take things at face value and seem to like a huge range of things, uninfluenced by anything else.

Have a great Easter x

Valerie said...

I love those chairs at the Saatchi gallery, and the odd (what was it?) golden coloured object. So much of modern art gets dismissed out of hand (sometimes by me!) that it's good to know Saatchi aren't all Damien Hurst dead animals in cases and Tracey Emin's unmade bed type work. There's some good stuff in there too!