Thursday, 18 February 2010

I'm still here... a belated catch up. x

 

I owe huge apologies to all my lovely fellow bloggers. I haven't visited blogs for ages, ever since my last post, as I've had a huge order to fulfil, and have been busy with that and with the children. I hope I still have a couple of blogging friends left out there. I really do miss it when I can't get around to all your blogs.
I'm really sorry.
Firstly, I came home this week to two fabulous packages. The first I opened was from my lovely friend Mary Poppins. I'd asked if she would mind appliqueing a vest top for me, having seen the fabulous job she did for her own. Bit cheeky of me, but she very generously said she would and refused to let me pay for it. She is so incredibly neat at sewing, and I absolutely am in love with my altered vest. Here's a closer look.


Her lovely shop is here.

MaryPoppins... what can I say? I really do love it, and you have amazing talent. And not only did she send the vest, but she enclosed some lovely fabric, sunflower seeds, and a beautiful lavender cushion.


I have been very spoilt. It arrived in the middle of a very sad time for the Lace household, and it really warmed me from the inside. As did this...


from the amazingly talented Hetty Rosepepper. This wonderful blogging friend has an amazing talent for knitting, as well as stitching, and if you ever want any presents, for yourself or for others, please do visit her. Her work is exquisite. Just look at the roses:


This was a gift from a truly special individual, and as with Mary Poppin's work, has left me speechless. Thank you, both of you.

We've had half-term this week, and have really just chilled and not done an awful lot. Bits of crafting here and there:


and the appearance of the wonderful snake family:

 

I also treated myself to a dress for next Christmas. I've always loved 1920s fashion. Well, before Christmas I saw a dress in Top Shop that was a dress I'd long craved in my mind but never seen. But it was £55, and I couldn't justify spending that on myself. Even for a special always-wanted-a-dress-like-that number for Christmas. And they sold out quickly anyway. However, popping into Topshop yesterday, I saw one left, in my size, a little damaged, but fixable... and heavily heavily reduced. I um-ed and ah-ed for, oh, all of two minutes. Tried it on. Um-ed and ah-ed again. And ...


 

snapped it up! The photos don't do it justice. It's gorgeous.

 

And I've tucked it into the back of the wardrobe to enjoy next Christmas! Job done. Just a year later than everybody else. I showed one of my children, the one who is really into fashion, and she's already planning on stealing it. It's gorgeous when it swings. 

I'm going to try and blog a little more regularly. But more importantly, thank you for all your lovely comments on my last post. They were really appreciated.

13 comments:

MelMel said...

I'm sorry something sad has happened....glad that you have found some joy in special gifts from good friends....lovely dress....xxxx

claire said...

Nice to see you lacey xxx
What lovely parcels to receive, Mary has done a splendid job with the vest and I have one of Hetty's cosies - as you say exquisite :)
Glad you are having a good half term
xx

Lululiz said...

Hey, having to fill a huge order is a great excuse for not blogging, and a totally acceptable one ;-)

The dress is gorgeous, I'd wear that as well.

Elizabethd said...

Lovely to see you again! How good that you ahve had a big oreder, though it has obvioulsy taken time to fulfil.
Pretty vest. I especially like the size label....lucky you!

Mary Poppins said...

Wow the dress is gorgeous and your order you are busy on I have to say sounds very exciting :0) Good luck with it all. Glad you like the vest, its amazing what a little bit of fabric love can do to tart something up don't you think. Hey, you blog as and when you feel you want to, I love to have little breaks every now and then, and I think for me, definately does me good.

Hugs

X

Serenata said...

Lovely lovely tea cosy from Pip, you are a lucky girl. The tank top is beautiful as well, isn't Mary lovely. Yes, lovely is my word for today ;-) You will look stunning next Christmas.

LissyLou said...

Glad the gifts cheered you up when you were feeling sad, they are great.
Gorgeous dress :)

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

Lovely dress and the tea cost and vest top are fab - nice to see you back x

Julies knitting corner said...

Lovely too hear form you, I wouldn't worry about keeping on top of your blog. We all have other things going on. These gifts are nice and yes the work on the knitted tea cosie is lovely, I like your dress too. Take care. Julie.C

solomi558 said...

What a dress , I hope you have your hair bobbed and learn to do the charlston before next christmas, you will need a headband with a little feather and a bow , I can see you now---------------cottonreel

❦TattingChic said...

That little tea cosy is adorable! I'm sorry to hear there has been a sad time at the lace household! :(
I am glad to hear from you again! :)

Julies knitting corner said...

Hi Just wanted too let you know I have a giveaway over at my blog, your very welcome to join in. Julie.C

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Such loveliness.