Saturday, 12 December 2009

Felt making kit advice HELP!

Isn't that a happy sandwich... made by my 11 year old. Just had to share!

Now, I need some help. Huge huge apologies for the quality of the pictures this time. My small camera is really playing up. A couple of weeks ago my children took part in a felt-making workshop, which they all loved. I was amazed at what they came home with. It was a cheap workshop, but they brought home these wonderful wall hangings... or we may make them into cushions.

A robin:


Birds on twigs:


And a cheerful ladybird:


They have all said they'd like felt making kits for Christmas, and I think you can get these for around £10, but I want to get something that's easy for them and recreates what they did. And I'm getting into a bit of a muddle looking online.


There's nowhere around me that would sell them over the counter that I'm aware of.

So if anyone could kindly point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.
Finger's crossed!

One last shot from the same 11 year old. She decided to make a Christmas postbox for her class, which was a popular idea as it turned out. She made this:


Cheerful, huh! Thank you all for your comments on my last post. I think I visited everyone. It's very Christmasy out in blogland at the moment - I'm loving it.

4 comments:

Julies knitting corner said...

You have some talanted youngsters, these are very good,I like the ladybird. Take a look at www.devonwoollies.co.uk this is great for beginners in felt making(like me). They have kits for children over 3yrs with detailed instructions and plenty of help. There is a kit for a purse/pouch-£3.95 or Snowman felt kit for £5.50 and plenty more, I hope its what you were after. best wishes Julie.C

Thecraftytrundler said...

Love that felting, it's great!! I really must have a go next year, and I know who to ask now!!
Good to see the children are getting crafty too!! Definitely a 'chip off the old block'. ( No Lacey, I DON'T MEAN YOU'RE OLD!!!)
Have a lovely Christmassy weekend : )

Sharon xx

bekimarie said...

Love the feltings, what clever artisitic kiddies you have.
I an rather cursing you at the moment though, ever since you've mentioned the felting i've had the urge to give it a go.
So my lovely friend as soon as you know what you're doing can you passs on your knowledge to me pleeeease.
Love and ((hugs))
Beki xxx

MelMel said...

I'm total rubbish at felt, but I must say these look lovely...the Robin is fab....that is my symbol of happiness....xx