Thursday, 5 November 2009

Order out of chaos!


I've had a bit of a day of it today, in that everything I've done has gone wrong. Well, almost everything. My fabric letters (thanks to all those who have ordered these!) take time to do. Well, I'd spent 30 minutes to a letter N for a Christmas NOEL that my local shop has asked for, only to discover the above. Haha. I'm going to keep it to remind me how back to front things can sometimes get!

Earlier, and before I got the children off to school, I wanted to sew together the pieces for a doorstop I'd been planning a then pinned and unpinned repeatedly because I couldn't get the roof to sit right. Finally satisfied I'd done it, I sewed it up. Only to discover it was on backwards. Big growl. It's looking better now, and needs some stuffing. I owe a huge thanks to the wonderful Bloomin' Myrtle for her inspiration and vision in my making of this, because the windows were pinched from her lovely beach huts. If you are lucky enough to be on her blogshop link here when she posts a few items, snap up immediately. She is amazing.


But then things went better with my JOY fabric bunting, which I've popped into the shop. So something has gone well today!

Happy Guy Fawkes all!

10 comments:

coco rose said...

I know how you feel! I have days like that, when almost everything goes wrong. Arrrggghhh! But, then you have days when everything just slots into place! Few and far between in my world but none the less appreciated!!!!! xxx

A Thrifty Mrs said...

I know how you feel.
Write to day off, breathe deep, tomorrow is another day.

Floss said...

So glad to hear I'm not the only one!

angel said...

It could be a Z Lastic! i wasnt gunna mention that it was backted to fronted but now you mention it....lol
Your nuts you know that dont ya... you always make me smile. :-)

Loads of these XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
For a vury special lady...... noo not you silly...... BM for her inspiration..... well ok you can have ONE X. :-)

white o'morn cottage said...

Love your backways letter N! I hate when I do that! Best wishes....Pam

Elizabethd said...

Sometimes you just have to walk away, get a cup of coffee, and go back to it later.

Julies knitting corner said...

The fabric letters look great they look like they have allot of detailed work involved, this could have happened to any of us. I love the doorstop too. Julie.C

Carol said...

Ha ha, love it! My hub's initial is N and I think you made that letter just for him!
I have only just noticed that a blanket I am crocheting has an error in...I have gone too far to unpick it. Ha ho that is what shabby chic is all about, well that is my excuse now.
Hope your weekend is better.
Cx

The Vintage Kitten said...

Aww what a shame about your 'N' It still looks lovely though X

Elaine said...

Love it Lacey.
And thank you so much for my swap, tis gawjus.
Tissues have nearly gone though, all in one day too *achoooooo* LOL

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxx