Thursday, 12 November 2009

Felt brooches and more fabric letters

I'm beginning to feel very Christmas-y this year, maybe because last year things rushed by and so I'm starting earlier this year so the same doesn't happen again. Or maybe it's all the Christmas fabric I'm playing with. Just look at this scrummy detail of Santa's sleigh.



Any guesses what it is? It's going in the Sew Happy shop later if I can get a decent photo of it, which is increasingly unlikely as all the pictures I've taken of this particular item are turning sideways. Inbetween the Christmas crafting, I've been busy crafting more letters, which I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with. But mostly I love doing them. I've done a few of these, which are different to the ones I usually do:


I think it's working pretty well. To be honest, it takes almost as long as the letters I do which are backed with felt... I was trying to find a quicker way. Fabric letters are beginning to pop up everywhere. Even Anthropologie has them. I've also been doing lots more felt brooches, because they are fun and because I don't see them everywhere I look (maybe because I spend too much time browsing fabric shops!) ...


I'm trying to blog a little more often, but I'm finding it difficult to squeeze it in. I love reading all your comments. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

8 comments:

Elizabethd said...

You are right, every magazine seems to have letters as part of decor!

Mary Poppins said...

Ohooo your brooches are lovely :) The felt one I made here http://marypoppins-homesweethome.blogspot.com/2009/07/sweetest-little-sewing-kit.html was really nice to make, though I am of the thinking that actually felting old cardigans etc would be quite time consuming. Maybe it isn't. I wonder what your word shall be ;)

X

A Decluttered Life said...

Love the fabric its really nice, The brooches are lovely too,nice to pop on a coat,cardigan or bag.
xdom

Lyn said...

I know, sometimes to read all these lovely blogs takes time, I try but sometimes fail to post as often as I would like. Love the brooches, they look like a 'winter coat' type of brooch to me.
Love
Lyn
xxx

Shabby Chick said...

Love those brooches! Ummm not sure what the Christmassy thing is but the fabric is adorable.

Mel xxx

❦TattingChic said...

Very cute! Letters are very popular it seems these days.
I can't believe I've gotten out of touch with you. I just happened on a blog where you commented and thought I'd stop by and say hello! LOL!

MelMel said...

Hello Lacey...sorry been so busy, its silly really!
I love the letters, wish I had talent you have...you're so neat!xxx

Torie Jayne said...

Hi, Great brooches and I love the letters, Have a sweet day!