Saturday, 3 October 2009

The wonderful world of blogging


I've received some wonderful things through the post recently from fellow bloggers. What a lovely crowd they are. Just look at my goodies. Starting with...


... my yummy beach hut from Bloomin' Myrtle, an incredibly talented person (check out her fabulous shop here). She'd included this little package...


and inside was the most beautiful piece of lace.


Next, I opened my swap Little Gem had suggested. I'm so pleased she did, as look what she sent me.


She's also incredibly talented, and has such lovely ideas. I loved the fact she'd sent me a gorgeous padded hanger just when I had made my first one.

And this week Biker boots and chicken feet sent me some pretty mats I'd asked her to get for me, and naughtily enclosed the most beautiful fabric - I'm stunned by it. She sent loads, and the images are just incredible, as is the quality of the fabric.



So thank you blogger friends. I've got some lovely things in my house from so many of you all.

As for me, I've been busy making little lavender cushions... I just love flower fairy fabric. I've been collecting and hoarding it, but I've finally made myself break into it, and it's such fun to work with.

I'm using my Christmas panel fabric at the moment, backed with an assortment of flower fabric and Cath Kidston, and I'm really pleased with them. Not proud ;-) ... I'm working on that. But really really pleased!

12 comments:

Elizabethd said...

How pretty they are. I still have my first edition of The Flowere Fairies book, and it is a treasure!

LissyLou said...

i love love love the little flower fairy cushions. x

MelMel said...

LACEY!!!

lovely post...bloggers are fab!
Glad you have had such joy thru the post!xxx

Lululiz said...

Lovely gifts from your blogging friends, and the flower fairy cushions are adorable.

Serenata said...

Lovely!

bekimarie said...

Aren't you a lucky girl ;)

Love the flower fairy cushions, so pretty. Will these be going in your bloggy shop? I think I may need one for beside my bed!
Hope you're having a good weekend
((hugs))
Beki xxx

❦TattingChic said...

These are so darling! Nice work! ☺

Lajoni said...

What a lovely upbeat post Lacey and so you should be pleased with you FF cushions they are so gorge and the toile from CTC is lush and that from someone who doesn't understand the addiction to fabric some of you have....but I suppose its the same as me with paint, brushes and paper :)
I have a flower fairy plate I bough for my mum oooooh must be 30yrs ago it was a present from Italy ...see you've triggered off a lovely memory and I find that quite often when reading blogs..thank you mwah xxx

Mary Poppins said...

Ohoo Lacey the lavender pillows are gorgeous and very cute I love making them. though mine are quite dinky ;)

What a lovely parcel through the post, our Gem is lovely :)

Happy sewing :)

X

LittleGem said...

So pleased you like your goodies :) I love mine! Lots of lovely things in this post Lacey, and your flower fairy sachets are gorgeous xx

Mary Poppins said...

Lacey the lavender fabric is yummy, Ohooo dear I am rather getting a liking for Michael Miller fabrics, I shall order from the fabric shop methinks, better value per yard if I am right :)

X

Mary Poppins said...

Did I say fabric shop, meant to say fat quarter shop, duh ;)

X