Thursday, 15 October 2009

Felted flower brooches


I am very excited. I've just ordered some fabric from the States, which I haven't done for a while, but all set in motion by the lovely MaryPoppins, who posted a picture of a gorgeous lavender fabric, which I just fell in love with. I've spent a lot of time trying to source lavender fabrics, and it is really difficult. But thanks to MaryPoppins and SewhotMitmot, I think my obsession has finally been sated. Or perhaps it's just been sparked!


I'll show you as soon as they land on the doormat - probably a while, because no doubt they will be held up in the postal strike. Meanwhile, I've been making these - I'm so pleased with them.


I've wanted to make felted brooches for a long, long time, always admiring those I've seen at craft fairs. More to come!

8 comments:

claire said...

ooh lovely lacey xxx
clever you - you obviously had more success than me with the felty thing :D

Mary Poppins said...

You are so clever Lacey :) I went to a craft fair and there were all these little felted bears and lions and pretty little felted dolls, they were so sweet. i adore your brooches and what wonderful colours :)


You are very welcome about the fabric ;)

Hugs

X

Serenata said...

Looking good Lacey :-)

silverpebble said...

I'm not surprised you're pleased with them, these will be perfect on winter coats. Gorgeous.

MelMel said...

Hello Lacey.....oohh they are lovely!
You are so very clever!

I'll email you tomorrow....have a catch up, see what else you have been up to!xxx

dancingonabladeofgrass said...

They look really good .... love the colours!

julieknitsjuliesews said...

You have done so well with these felted brooches, and the colours are just right.best wishes julie.C

white o'morn said...

Such beautiful brooches. Quite lovely. Well done.