Sunday, 6 September 2009

A happy, slightly spotty post!


More about the tree in a minute!

We've had a terrific summer, as I hope all of you have as well. Little crafting, but lots of exciting things to do, so no time to miss the crafting.

On Thursday and Friday, I had my eldest all to myself as the others had gone back. With three children, it's unusual to have one to one time, so I made the most of it. Thanks to a suggestion from my 8 yr old, who's already done it for a party treat, we decided to go on the Duck tour. I'd wanted a way to show her several of London's sights but we only had a limited time. The Duck tour was brilliant for that and fun as well. It sets off just beneath the London eye...



We had Desdemona. We chose a good time - an early trip, so it wasn't completely full, which was a bonus as we wanted to sit on the raised seats at the back. Here's a shot of another Duck we passed on the Thames bit of the trip.


Afterwards we strolled along South Bank, where there are always lots of mime artists and this entertainers. I love street entertainers, as they are often terrific, but never usually get the chance to stop and watch. If you see this guy if you are ever there, he is well worth stopping and watching. He is extremely funny. He was getting notes from the audience in the collection, he was that good.


As for the spotty trees.


We saw more and more of them. 25 in fact. They are nearly finished with now, and lots of grafitti on them, but they look stunning from a distance, and even close up still. They are an art installation promoting a exhibition at the Hayward Gallery, which we spotted because we spied another spot thing on the Hayward's Terrace and thought we'd investigate.


We had an hour before we needed to get the train, so decided to rush in and see it. I'm so glad I took her. It was a perfect exhibition for children (bar one exhibit which we could have avoided if we wished!).

We both loved it.

Now, I rarely post pics of myself, but I just have to post this one. It sums up everything about my trying to find quiet corners to read this summer (reading being an obsession of mine... always very difficult with littleys who will always seek you out. I've read this one over the past week, and have found it an amazing book - really loved this one, and so sorry I've now read all five books she's produced... can't wait for another. She's an incredible writer.

Anyway, in this pic, my little darlings have gone to extremes to be near me. I love being a mum!


Hate wearing glasses though!!!!! ;-)

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I love those trees!!! They look so happy and cheerful. I hope you didn't end up under the hammock after the invasion!

Janie said...

Any more room in that hammock...?

Glad you had a great summer xx

Serenata said...

Looks like you had a lovely day in London and what fun with the spots! You all look very snuggled in the hammock!

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

ooo i love the spotty trees would it be wrong to do it in my garden ;-)
love the stephanie meyer books ive read them all as well and am torn between breaking dawn and the host as which one i like best! the host was so good though!
Lesley x

white o'morn cottage said...

The spotty trees are super. The book sounds great too. I'll have to seek it out. Best wishes and welcome back!..pam

Elizabethd said...

What fun those trees are!

Elise said...

I saw those trees too !!!! Oh WOW, this is a great post & you have the most gorgeous site here. I had to stop by to leave this comment for you – and to say hello of course ! Your posts are creative and original and you have interesting pictures. It's all perfect ! Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes....

LittleGem said...

Thanks Lacey, although the trick is just make friends with lovely people who send you lovely things so you can take nice photos! :D
I will have more pretty stuff to take photos of soon - cant wait! X

angel said...

Its all mingin. :-)




*filesom* now thats a good word, as in " I'll File some later" *titter*