Saturday, 11 July 2009

A belated catch up!

Well, I'm sorry. I've lost the plot a little with blogging lately, because of various things going on. I'm going to try and blog a little more frequently again, but I guess we all need a break sometimes. ;-)

I went to a terrific open air party last weekend at a friend's in Devon, near Totnes. Lots of space...this was the land around the cottage that we got to play in:



I'd not quite known what to expect, as it was billed as a silent disco! There was fantastic live music, but also headphones, with two channels to listen to. It was great fun.
Once it went dark, one of the many attractions was the setting off of a series of balloon lamps. They looked really pretty, though a couple came scarily close to the trees!

Very effective though.


This week, the fourth pillar at Trafalgar Square has been turned into an art platform. For a hundred days and nights, somebody is on there every hour.

Just my luck to get the statue!


He did zilch, as far as I could see.

Still no pigeons in the Square!


Oh, a little moan. Anybody remember Ethel? She's the rather snazzy pink tarten number waiting with her friends here...


I've been banned by my kids from using Ethel ever again! Outrageous, isn't it!

(Made them carry their own bags, though, last time we went to Chessington, as they wouldn't let her join in. He he.)

Crafting wise, I've been making a lot of coasters. I found these in a book recently from the library and was very struck by them. I've been waiting for a perfect use for my cupcake fabric!


Here are two coasters with the lovely two mugs I've been lucky enough to be given from my fabby mate Angel. Lubs you! xxx

Out of the blue, I received a beautifully wrapped package from my pal Melmel.

Just look what was inside... all handmade and so gorgeous. I was and am so touched. Love you, too. xxx


And I was also lucky enough to meet with Angel and Mitmot... for lunch. All too brief, but it was great fun. They spoilt me as well. Mitmot had bought me some gingham binding I needed for my quilt edging, and which I love. Apparently the shop are stopping doing it. Can't believe it - it's so lovely and very useful.

As well as paying for lunch. Thank you heaps. xxx

Angel spoilt me rotten as well:

another CK mug ... just delicious:


and a cute as a button cot set, with such pretty embroidery:


Speaking of buttons, she also gave me some long-awaited but much wanted buttons. Thank you. I love my blogging friends. xxx

7 comments:

TattingChic said...

Aren't our bloggy friends fabulous!? Your gifts are so cute. It looks like you have been busy having fun! Poor Ethel, being banned and all. I think it's the perfect trade-off to have the kids carry their own bags if Ethel can't come along, too! LOL!

Lavender hearts said...

Hi Lacey,

My, you have been lucky with the lovely gifts, and I love the coasters!

Sian x

Elizabethd said...

What very nice friends you have1

Angie said...

I just discovered your blog today, and I really like your blog background. I just love toile.

Elaine said...

Great post Lacey, lovely to hear all your news.
Sad about Ethel though, what's to be embarrassed about????

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxx

Shabby Chick said...

Hellooooo

What a nice post! I didn't realise MelMel was still about, do say hello next time you're in touch. Love the bag she made :)

Those coasters are great, love those.

Mel xxx

TattingChic said...

Hi there, Lace Hearts! I know I've already commented here, but I wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway! Be sure to come on over and join in! I hope you still want to learn to tat! :)

((HUGS))!!