Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Pretty Fabrics and China Painting


Hello and thanks so much for popping by. In my quest to try and blog more regularly again, I'm back pretty soon! I was so lucky last week. I'd popped into the charity shop just as they were putting out these beauties. Two gorgeous fully lined curtains. I don't recognise the fabric, but it's a beautiful thick cotton duck, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Laura Ashley. Two people said they would have had them on the way to the till alone. But they are destined for my 11 year old's room.


I love the way someone has made them and trimmed them with a thick length of cotton lace at the base. They really are lush.


My dd loves them as well, even though her curtains are very pretty... these are the current curtains she has, roses under an arbour:

... but nothing like the lupin, or rather foxglove, ones.

I'm beginning to wonder if I have too many florals. A thread on the shabbychicforum had me remembering I used to paint and fire china, many eons ago. I have some on the walls, and I've got to unearth the boxes that are stored.


Not all, but much of it was florals. I used to love doing this. It is very labour intensive - the plate above took about four firings, but it is a lovely hobby.


I've now lent my kiln on a long term loan, and I miss it. Not too badly though, as the recipient is getting a lot of pleasure from it, which is lovely. And it was stored in our garage doing nothing. Here's another little dish that I use regularly and which I love to bits.


Now, spot that fabric in the background in the pic below - sorry about the pale pics this week, my camera is playing up badly. Remember that fabric!


I've been making a few more covered notebooks this week, with summery boat patterns, as they proved popular in the shop and on my stall. I'm hoping to have another stall soon, so I'm trying to build up stock.


Remember that fabric?


Does anybody want a metre? It's a Crowson rambling rose, and I have plenty, so if somebody likes it/would like to use it, please leave a comment and I'll pop any names in the hat and draw. The colours are a little brighter than they appear, and the cotton is good quality - rather thick.
Good luck.

8 comments:

Elizabethd said...

What beautiful work you do, those plates are enchanting.
I love Crowson fabric, but darent have any more!

TattingChic said...

Those curtains are really pretty! :)

mitmot said...

that foxglove fabric is just scrummy!

Shabby Chick said...

Those curtains are divine! Not surprised you had to have them! Can't have too many florals if you ask me ;)

Love your fabric notebook, that looks lovely. And the china is amazing, I would never have the patience to do something like that.

Mel xxx

PS yes please put me in the draw for the fabric!

Lajoni said...

I love your fabric Lacey soooo pretty, and makes a change from roses....but your ceramics are amazing I really love them esp the little pot...you seem to ba able to turn your hnd to most things very successfully xx

Elaine said...

You really need to get into that garage Lacey, get those pots in your shop!! They are blummin gawjus!!!

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello
I have just discovered your beautiful blog, full of things I love! What gorgeous foxgloves design, a wonferful find. I have saved you in my favourites and will return again.
Isabelle x

white o'morn cottage said...

Love the foxgloves fabric. Well done on finding it. Pam