Sunday, 19 July 2009

End of term gifts and boating fun


Phew, teacher's pressies done for another year. Yippee! Five handmade notebooks for my middle one to give to her teachers... she wanted to make something special as she's leaving the school to move on, and so I helped her make covered notebooks. Hopefully they will be appreciated. The plainer ones are for the male teachers... thought they'd not want pink and flowers!


All things considered, I've been having a pretty difficult time lately. We all do from time to time, and sometimes it just goes on too long. I think I've had more than my fair share over the past year. But I've had a chance to think this w/e about how lucky I am and count my blessings because we've had such a lovely w/e. It started with my middle one's play at school, called Ye-ha and hilarious. Then a drinks evening, which I actually enjoyed because I didn't think I would - isn't that odd how the world works! Then yesterday was one of my best friend's birthdays, for which she has an annual picnic, always great fun.
And today we were at a water activity day, organised by one of the clubs my kiddies belong too. Best of all, two of mine jumped in, after being highly nervous about the thought. Brill. Here goes the eight year old:


And kayaking...


And just sitting...


On to more frivilous things, a week or so ago, I was so lucky to pick up a gorgeous set of St Michael's linen, the sheet un-used and still packaged and the four pillowcases in pretty good condition. (Angel, this is when I texted you in great excitement, and got you out of the bath! LOL)


I just fell in love...


Now, my little fabric giveaway - Shabby chick, you were the only one to show any interest... honestly, guys, it's really nice fabric. Maybe I didn't do a good enough job of selling it. Anyways, that's great news for Shabby chick... please email me your address, and I'll get it off to you.

I also received a lovely package from Floss for taking part in her Birthday Bash, which was very special as I didn't expect a thing for simply attending. Floss - I'll be posting about it next time!

10 comments:

Elizabethd said...

I wish I'd had notebooks like that when I was teaching.....they are so attractive and how nice that they are specially made, rather than bought.
Your bed linen is just gorgeous!

Elaine said...

How sweet are they Lacey, lovely job, lucky teachers xxx

Looks like the young Laceys had a fab day!

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxx

angel said...

I would have given them men teachers pink fluffy ones Lastic then dared them not to use them next term....lol
The icklies look like they have had a brill weekend. :-)

I think you have had more than your fare share this year too honey, i pray it can only get better for you as the days go on. (((Hugs)))

That was well worth getting out of the bath for honey, i would have climbed over everyone in a queue to get to them droolishusnesses..
:-).

What a lovely idea for a birfday, a picnic! hummmm.

I didnt know we had a giveaway on your blog???????? fluppin eck i missed that one.... though i'm glad chicky won it.... Grrrr.... lololololololololol.

Bored now..........lol

Love and hugs honey. XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sarah said...

What lovely gifts you have both made! Really lovely to give something special for the teachers. How come there are so many teachers to make for? Don't they have just one? Over here in NZ we do until their next school, intermediate. Thanks for your lovely messages. I've just blogged and answered your question, so please, pop back and see me!

TattingChic said...

That is so sweet of you to make teacher's gifts! I love that!

The day on the water looks fun, too! :)

Congrats to the winner.

LissyLou said...

those notebooks are really lovely !

claire said...

gorgeous bed linen - well worth getting angel cakes out of the bath for lol!!
Lovely notebooks too. Great idea :)

Shabby Chick said...

Ooh how exciting, that's a lovely surprise. Will email you ASAP :)

Those notebooks are gorgeous, what a lovely way to be remembered when she leaves.

Love the M&S bedding!

Mel xxx

Lululiz said...

I'm not surprised you fell in love with that bedlinen, its GORGEOUS!!! Roses, aaahhhhh.

Floss said...

You have got a lot of blessings in one post there! The notebooks are great and the day out lookes fantastic. Thanks for letting me know that the little parcel has arrived. I'll be interested to know what you think of the bits and pieces!