Sunday, 21 June 2009

Floss's 40th Birthday fun!


Well, what can I say. Floss's 40th was a blast. It was fun from beginning to end. I chose some beautiful flowers for her. I had fun picking my outfit...


I customised my fave summer hat with lace and a pretty flower brooch...


Dug out my party shoes... and set off.

However, Floss hadn't told us that as a surprise she'd organised a winter wonderland...


It was pretty, so pretty, but it meant I had to ditch the party shoes and borrow Floss's wellies...



We made snow people, then the sun shone and we enjoyed the private funfair that Floss had organised for us to warm us up after the snow. I chose a dinky little ride... but Floss, well, ...

Floss was a mite more adventurous...

Bits of her dropped off, to hysterical screams from the rest of us...she lost her shoes, her hat, and her ice cream. All I can say is, it was frankly lucky she was sitting on her ballgown.

After that, we all had masses to eat. Floss had decided to just have puddings - a gal after my own heart. I had 16!

(You can see my dress in this picture.)

Next came the entertainment. Now, Floss had decided to surprise us, but she misread the entertainment. She thought it would be foxy dancers for all us ladies.


It turned out to be boxy dancers. Oh, how we laughed at her. Sorry, I mean with her.


You can just see hints of Floss's wonderful garden. She'd had her gardeners put together a little something to greet us (I forgot to mention, as she'd laid on so much I kept forgetting to take pictures). Here's the little something that her staff had thrown together on their day off.


Amazing eh? And all made with apples. Actually, her pad is amazing.... this was the entrance hall (though we were mainly kept in the garden as it was a garden party, but I sneaked a pic for you).


So, a fabulous day. Truly fabulous. Thank you Floss. It's been unforgettable!

13 comments:

bakeandsew said...

Fabulous. And you really can't beat boxy dancers!

bekimarie said...

What fun!
You deserve an award for that post!
((hugs))
Beki xxx

TattingChic said...

What a cute post! :)

marble rose said...

I think we are talking one massive hangover aren't we ladies?


Wonderful Fun!

Fleur
x

Sarah said...

Oh yes it was quite a party wasn't it? Shame about the winter wonderland part really,as I was wearing a low cut dress, suitable only for balmy weather. My larger than normal sized chest got rather chilly, I can tell you!!

Thanks for a great laugh, I enjoyed your blog immensly! Nice to meet you too by the way.

MelMel said...

Looks like a fab party!
What a super way to celebrate!

Thank you for thinking of me, today is not a good day, just found a picture I had tucked away and have spent most of the evening crying....

I'm hoping to pull myself togther to do a thank you post tomorrow to say thank you to the lovely Hen, whose give away I won...

Your such a lovely lady...xxxx

Lululiz said...

SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!! First one to get Floss gets the best seat in the house for THE performance of the day. Phoaaaaaaahhh, hand me the baby oil, second one from the left missed a patch. I'll volunteer to help him out!

How very lovely to meet yet another one of Floss's friends. What a fab party!

Floss said...

Wow - what a party! No wonder I can't remember much about it! Thanks for a great post - it's been a wonderful birthday and my own party is yet to come!

juanitatortilla said...

16 puddings! How did you get all that in you?!
:D
Oh, I am blushing at the entertainment Floss had "hired" for us...

angel said...

Oi lastic whadimiss ...... now i is tottally confused!!!!!! i know it dont take much...lol
Looks like a lovely time whatever it was ........ >-)

Love and hugs and so sorry i have been elusive lately, but i'm back now........ yooohoooo

MWAH XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Hows me icklies? hope they is all well :-) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX#XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Primrose Corner said...

Wow! That looks just unbelievable. I doubt you'll forget that ever.... what a fantastic party!

Margie said...

Fantastic post, I loved every photo and could not wait to see what came next. Happy Birthday indeed. Looks like it was the birthday of all birthdays. Dress looked fab...hugs, Margie.

Floss said...

Hello again! I loved this post so much that I've awarded you one of my three little prizes! Do email me your address and I'll send it off to you...