Friday, 5 June 2009

Crochet mushrooms and toadstools. Fun!

Yesterday I crocheted some mushrooms. Just off the cuff, really. Just because I decided I could, and inspired by the coral reef garden I saw at the knitting and stitching show sometime back.

Hubs came home halfway through.

Me: I'm crocheting some mushrooms! Look!
Hubs: Why?
Me: Um. Because.
Hubs. What are they for?
Me: Absolutely nothing. (wondering why I was bothering and if I'd lost the plot by now).

However, to be fair hubs is usually my biggest fan, and he did come in halfway through, when they looked rather pathetic and floppy. He rather likes them (in the way you indulge a favourite pet) now they are done.

I love them.


They are just fun.

Fun to do, and fun to look at.


Meanwhile, I had two littleuns at home, and they did some felt crafting...


Monsters and islands...


So it was a good day. We even managed to fit in a quick walk through a local rose garden. Wonderful scents.


Finally, I'm not sure whether I posted a picture already of the wonderful button that Lajoni over at Painting New Memories painted for me:


How wonderful is that?! She is so incredibly talented and is in the process of stocking up her new blog shop. Hurry up, Laj!

17 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my word, I adore your crochet mushrooms, they are fabulous! I just love them. xxxxx

marble rose said...

Ooooh!!!! I love them! Am just in awe at your talent to do something a long to understand. They are super. I think Jane would be thrilled with the pic of her badge - it looks really good.

I know they were just for fun - but can you imagine a kiddie's woolly hat with all those mushroom sticking up - I would buy one in a heart beat, whether I could force said children to be the target of my amusement is another thing entirely!


Fleur
xx

claire said...

love the mushrooms. you are very clever. I threw my learn to crochet book at the wall over half term in frustration - nope still not got past a chain lol!!!!
X

Mummy Boo Bear said...

Love the cute mushrooms, love the red and white one. they are so cute. The little house button looks very sweet next to the mushroom. good idea.

And its great when you just do something creative just because you can. They are usually the things that turn out the best!

MBBx

Elaine said...

Love the mushrooms Lacey, well done!
I love making things up as I go along but I've never done anything like those.

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxx

angel said...

Fluppin minging Toadstools and as for that button! WHY!

I have sorted my buttons and have narrowed it down to two........ its a major decision ya know, its not easy.. so still pondering...


The icklies lovelies are just.... lovely, they are so talented, maybe they could show their mummy how to craft...... :-)

Love you soooooooo much...... X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X

Floss said...

I think those are wonderful and very creative! That's how I like to make things - just with a wild idea, not from a pattern. Of course, sometimes it WOULD be a good idea for me to use a pattern...

Isn't it funny that we've been to the same campsite? Our friends live in Chandler's Ford, and their church quite often books the group field for a weekend away together - a lot of fun!

Sarah said...

Have you seen this? http://naughtysecretaryclub.blogspot.com/
Though you could do this with one of your mushrooms. It's a few photos down.

Carol said...

They are fun, you could make a whole garden to go with them, great toy!
Cx

Melanie said...

Where did you get the pattern from for the mushrooms, I just have to make some, I love them! xxxx

Gingerbread said...

Those mushrooms look fab, a lovely idea and fun. best wishes Julie.C

TattingChic said...

I love toadstools! What fun! :)

dancingonabladeofgrass said...

Lovely mushrooms.... still half asleep .... when I read "Off the cuff" I thought they were cuff links ...(which they could be I guess?)

Laj's button is amazing.

rachel the krafty girl said...

those mushrooms are adorable!

rachel
x

mitmot said...

I have tagged you on my blog - please pop over to have a look. MM xx

Floss said...

Hello again - I enjoyed looking through that post again! I'm just checking through my garden party guest list and hoping that you're ready to party this weekend!

mangocheeks said...

Oooh I love those mushroom, they are adorable.

I was also a recipient of Snapdragons badge. Ilove the way you posed it next to the bead woman. Ace!