Monday, 1 June 2009

Camping in the New Forest

We had such a lovely long weekend camping in the New Forest. I love camping, and I love the New Forest. Especially at this time of year, with all the newborn foals. They are incredibly cute.

There will inevitably be more pics t0 follow, as the cute pics aren't on my camera!


We went for some lovely walks, seeing grass snakes, deer, cows roaming thru the forest, which oddly enough really startled us when we heard them coming!, and the horses of course.

I hate sleeping bags, so always throw in our duvets, so the inside of the tent looked very colourful indeed.


And yummy smells of frying bacon in the mornings.


I'm incredibly excited, because tonight we're finally gonna try out my £2 car boot find. A lovely woman sold me this - barely used, and still in it's wrapping. I've wanted a pie maker for ages. I make my own on saucers/plates/anything really, but I'd love to try a pie maker and see how it compares. And for £2, I had nothing to lose.

We've settled on a chinese chicken filling. I'll let you know!

10 comments:

angel said...

I am so glad your back and letting us comment. :-)
Looks like you had a wonderful time away. :-) I absoblumminlutly love the pic of the two icklies, HOW CUTE ARE THEY........awwwwwww.
Loads of love and hugs and mwah's
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
And of course One for you. X lol

LissyLou said...

What a lovely time you had, love the pic of the little ones!!

Mummy Boo Bear said...

Aww such cute pictures. We have a camping trip planned for the begining of July. Lala is off for a long weekend due to Teacher Training. And its Boo Bear's birthday weekend too. Although i do have a love/hate relationship with camping. Love the thought of going usually hate the reality! lol.


MBBx

Floss said...

Oh, I love camping the the New Forest. We have friends who use the old airstrip campsite quite regularly (the one near the Rufus Stone) and we used to meet up with them there once a year. Even last year we managed a week there, which is quite impressive now we live in France! Thanks so much for your evocative photos and text. And have fun with the piemaker!

Mandy said...

Oh how lovely camping with your duvets! So much nicer than sleeping bags....
Love the new forest am very lucky to have it almost on my doorstep

Elaine said...

How gorgeous are those photos, it looks like a wonderful holiday!
And I think DD might like the idea of taking duvets rather than sleeping bags when she does the festival, once she's seen yours. It looks lovely and bright and homely in there.

Good to have you back too!

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxx

Margie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time, cute children,ponies, camp beds, cooking facilities and a little bit of magic. Thank you for sharing. hugs Margie.

Melanie said...

I just love camping, nothing like it. xxx

Primrose Corner said...

Love the New Forest. Beautiful place.I like the idea of the duvets I bet you were really snug.

TattingChic said...

That looks like a lovely place to go camping! How fun! :)