Thursday, 28 May 2009

A new focus and flowers for the shop


Well, I've had my head down lately, as we've finally decided to go in all seriousness for one of my lifelong dreams this Autumn. Well, I say lifelong, but it's a dream I've had since I was 11! Not gonna spill what it is, but it's gonna happen. But it's going to take a lot of grafting. Hence I've been de-stashing my fabric on good old ebay to raise some funds, and still am, and working hard on things for the shop...

The flowers came about when I saw them in a book in the library, but they had only five petals, and try as I might I couldn't get them to work with just five petals. Needless to say, I hadn't taken the book out and couldn't remember what it was, but had tried to memorise how to do them. It helped that one of my children has a couple of origami books, because as far as I could see, this is basic origami.


I had to make it up a bit as I went along, but after lots of experimenting, I'm pretty pleased with the eight-petal results.

I've popped them into the shop and hopefully some of them will find lovely homes. They each take a rather long time to craft, but I've tried to keep the price as low as possible.


Now, I remembered I hadn't shown the contents of my Liberty bag...

Buttons, lovely buttons. I fell in love with these. Gingham and spotted. Yummy!

I also wanted to finally show what we crafted on our narrow boat holiday this year, though that was a few weeks back now. My eight year old:


My 12 year old:


My 11 year old:


And me:

It was fun to do.

Finally, I'm so rushed at the moment, I've turned my comments off. I really do appreciate your comments and your visits, but although I'm visiting blogs, I'm not getting a chance to leave comments, so I felt it was only fair to turn off for a bit while I get a chance to catch up. A blogging friend suggested this to me recently, and I thought it was a brilliant suggestion. I really appreciate your visiting and reading this far (assuming I have a couple of readers left!).