Thursday, 21 May 2009

Didn't we have a lovely day!


I had such a lovely day last Saturday, meeting some fellow SCF girls, and fellow bloggers. We met in London, starting off with a coffee and took it from there. It was fun. The purchase bags above at the end of the day speak for themselves. We went everywhere!

At All the Fun of the Fair, a wonderful shop I first blogged about here, I was thrilled to find a crochet pot to add to mine, along with some braid and special tags to add to my home made goodies.


Isn't it fab!


We visited a wonderful ribbon and haberdashery shop off Oxford Street, where I know Gok regularly pops into, and where I restored my bias stash...


I fell in love with this display in Liberty's window:


Anyone know where I can find fabric like that for the cushions, with motorway scenes?

We contemplated here for lunch...

The menu looked tasty...

and the girls all rushed for it...


But we changed our minds! Probably wouldn't have been allowed in in jeans, I guess! We had lunch in the open air at the place you can see here (that's not us - we didn't want a public group pic):

It was very good - just below All the Fun of the Fair. Spot that knitted chain... good, isn't it!


In the Emma Bridgewater shop, I treated my children to three beakers - they've been well used already...

At VW Rouleux, we all got a postcard, thanks to Mitmot:

I took a few pics in CK's Marylebone store, but thought I'd overdone the photos already, so here's one I've not seen on anyone's blog before:

So a good day. I bought a few more bits and pieces, but not much.

15 comments:

Melanie said...

Love the Emma Bridgewater beakers. xxx

MelMel said...

Hello lovely lady!

Such a wonderful day out!
What great fun!

Lovely pictures!the beakers are fab!xxxx

Lavender hearts said...

I love that road fabric. I had a look on ebay and can't see it. Did they sell it in Libertys?

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=road+fabric&_sacat=See-All-Categories

LissyLou said...

What a wonderful thing to all do, i'm so jealous!! great buys x

Elizabethd said...

What a wonderful day. I love the bias, wish it was possible to find such goodies anywhere but London.

Floss said...

It really looks like a wonderful day out. I shall have to look out for those beakers when I get to Edinburgh in June! The Union Flag ones would be so fun for my Garden Party the following week!

Josie-Mary said...

Looks like a great day out, the beakers are lovely :)

claire said...

we are loving our beakers too. It really was a fab day - heres to the next one :) xxxxxx

louise said...

Lacey, I dint see your Emma Bridgewater things they are lovely.
xxx

Melanie said...

Thank you for the lovely comment you left me. xxxx

Elaine said...

Lovely goodies Lacey, after everything I've seen on the blogs I fear there is going to be a shortage of some products (namely bias) in London LOL. Pleased you got your other thing too *wink* hope the destruction are clear enough.

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lajoni said...

you bought some lovely things Lacey...so pleased you all had a great day vv

angel said...

Just wanna say i love you and all your icklies, your such an inspiration to me and so many others...... :-)
Mwah X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X

For you all....MWAH.

Ps i cant wait for you to get back to us all. X

Your our very special Lastic. Mwah X x X x X x X x X x X x X x and whatever you do you WILL succeed at it, because you are You. Mwah X

Florence and Mary said...

My friend and I have a similar trip planned for next week including my first visit to all the fun at the fair! I can't wait!

Victoria xx

Florence and Mary said...

My friend and I have a similar trip planned for next week including myfirst visit to all the fun at the fair! I can't wait!

Victoria xx