Friday, 24 April 2009

Duck finally made... and fabulous flowers

Lots and lots of thank you's today, as well as a little bit of crafting.

I've been so taken aback this week. On Wednesday, my daughter brought a friend home. She's only been over once before. When her mum collected her, much to her dd's embarrassment (but to my thrilled amazement), she gave me these. I wasn't in, but my dd and hubs dutifully set to arranging them (using the sellotape over a container method). So I got in to these beauties...


arranged in my John Lewis Easter bucket. That's not all. On Thursday, ds had a little friend around. On dropping him back home, his mum presented me with this gorgeous little arrangement....


The freesia smells wonderful. I think I'm incredibly lucky... I'll have to have my kiddies friends home more!

Then on Thursday, this lovely button appeared, handpainted by my incredibly talented friend at Painting New Memories, for a highly secret memory project I'm working on.

It's so beautiful, it should be framed. Thank you so much Laj. x

As for crafting, I have finally got around to making the duck from the pattern White O'Morn Cottage kindly offered to send me, and what a lovely pattern it was to follow. I did it yesterday, when I was meant to be cleaning the house.

A duck doorstop.

The problem with all my makes is, my middle dd immediately claims them as hers, and they disappear into her room! The others rarely get a look in. Anyone else have that little difficulty? ;-)

17 comments:

Elaine said...

Lovely surprises Lacey.
I got buttons too, they are beautiful.
I love the door stop, ducks are the next best thing to geese. Lovely job too, well done.

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxx

Floss said...

Flowers and duck are all lovely! We held a Bonfire Night party for the boys' French friends, and many of them turned up with flowers, which was absolutely delightful! One boy went so far as to insist on flame-coloured flowers, which we thought was good attention to detail.

bekimarie said...

Oh yes, nothing is safe when Jess is around 'hehe'!
The duck looks great, well done.
Take care
((hugs))
Beki xxx

MaryPoppins said...

The duck is gorgeous, clever you :)

And what a beautiful button, would indeedy look lovely in a frame. We are very excited about your project ;)

Have a lovely weekend

X

LittleGem said...

Ooh that duck is very cute :) love the paisley fabric you've used too. And beautiful flowers - you deserve them xx

Sal said...

How kind!
Love the bucket..I must have missed that one when I looked at the website before Easter.
Have a great weekend ;-)

claire said...

ooh love the duck :)
Ihave all boys so its rare to have them snaffle something lol!!
Xx

angel said...

Aint people horrible? who would send minging flowers? and that Duck? ........wazat all about, huh.


Though the button is ok s'pose.



You are such a lucky womanyfing aint ya..... *sticking tongue out acha*

Lovely honey, just lovely. Mwah
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Hope the icklies are well and happy. :-)
X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x i would do more, but cant be bovvered.;_)

Lajoni said...

what alot of flowers you are obviously liked alot Lacey.....love your duck xxxxx

MelMel said...

Hello!

Sorry not got round to repyling via email....

just popped on to say hi here and have a mooch, love the duck...how sweet!

hope your well?
Catch up soon when my life is less heactic...

Love Melmelxxx

Gingerbread said...

What a lovely surprise for you and displayed so nicely. I do like the duck, and the colours you choose. Julie.C

Melanie said...

How kind of your daughters parents to give you those flowers, that was a lovely suprise! I love the duck you made, it is adorable!
Great blog. I hope you dont mind, but I've added your blog to my blogroll on my site.

Have a lovely weekend.
Take Care
Melanie xx

jenniepowell said...

It's always lovely to receive unexpected flowers, isn't it? I love the button, and that duck is gorgeous!

Thanks for visiting my blog, and good luck for the giveaway!

Primrose Corner said...

Your DD firends Mum's obviously appreciate you. That button is just too amazing - a little piece of art in it's own right. Love the duck doorstop and yes I don have that little difficulty with daughter's squirreling makes away.

white o'morn cottage said...

AAAAAAAAAAhhhhh your duck is gorgeous! Also, I am delighted you have opened a blog shop. I'll be in there doing a bit of browsing and more very sooon....All the very best to you and I hope you make a fortune!...Love Pam

TattingChic said...

The flowers are lovely! WHat a cute doorstop. I don't blame middle dd for taking it for her own! LOL! I would too! Perhaps it's time to teach middle dd to craft along with you, LOL! :)

silverpebble said...

WOnderful things! Many congratulations on opening your shop! How very exciting. Off to have a little peep x