Tuesday, 31 March 2009

Thank you, and crochet


I want to say a huge thank you to Melmel. She's lovely, isn't she. She's also very norty. She recently bought a whole lot of gorgeous fabric - the most I think she's ever had in one go, and should have settled down to play with it. Instead she gave lots away, to lots of her blogging friends. She sent me the fabric above, which I adore, and I've been stroking ever since. It's an early print - it's photographed in a clipping I have about Cath Kidston just four years after she set up her first shop. I really think you should have kept all this for yourself Melmel, but it's making me smile a lot. So big hugs and big thank yous. xxx

I want to say a big thank you for the awards I've been given recently. Firstly for the Kreative Blogger Award. Thank you Happy Loves Rosie and Vintage Girl.


and then for the cute lemonade award - thank you Vintage Girl and Mummyboobear



The lemonade award is for showing great attitude and/or gratitude.

And for this lovely award from Beki
I love them all. Thank you. I've done the Kreativ Blogger before, so won't repeat myself, and I think everyone I visit has had these awards, but if you visit and leave a comment, and haven't had them, please feel free to pinch 'em. LOL.

Anybody come across this book?


It's so fab, and laid out really well.



and I've been inspired to start using better wool


since I started to feel more confident, and begin making up my own flowers...


Have a good week all. x

20 comments:

LissyLou said...

How lovely of Mel, thats really nice x

bekimarie said...

Lovely fabric, how sweet and kind of Mel!
There's another award waiting for you over on my blog!
Hugs
Beki xxx

thriftymrs said...

How lovely of Mel.
Great crochet, vey sweet.

MaryPoppins said...

How kind and sweet :)

Your flowers look beautiful, well done :0

X

LittleGem said...

Lovely crochet Lacey, and the fabric, well that is just yummy. Do you still have the original clipping? Would love to compare :) X

vintage girl said...

I love the fabric, that was so kind. I have that book too and have had a go at making some flowers, the book is great but did take me a while to get my head around understanding the charts. Love your flowers so pretty! Lisaxxx

Shabby Chick said...

That was really nice of Mel, I love the fabric!

That book looks good, although I can't crochet I appreciate how it looks :)

Mel xxx

MelMel said...

Lacey your more than welcome...nice to share it round...it was such a find, Its featured in the Birthday book that CK oroduced for the 15 yr thingy....I'm going to try and reproduce some early stuff...bring back the hair scrunchie!!!!!
xxxxx

Sal said...

My daughter gave me the same crochet book for my birthday ,in Feb. It's gorgeous!
How kind of Mel to give you the fabric!;-)

Country Bliss said...

Lovely fabric, very pretty. I have the book and am working my way through the crochet flowers.
Yvonne x

Floss said...

That's really lovely fabric - how generous! Is the crochet book for beginners? I really think I need Crochet for Dummies, to be honest!

TattingChic said...

Look at that beautiful fabric. That was sweet of Mel.

What a cool crochet book. Love the little flower bits you crocheted! Pretty! :)

claire said...

Lovely fabric and lovely Mel xxx
Love those flowers..such gorgeous colours too *sigh* wish I could crochet xxx

louise said...

OO I'v seen that crochet book around the blogosphere might have to ask for a copy for the birthday, How easy are the flowers.
The fabric is lovely, what are you planning to make?
Louise xx

rachel the krafty girl said...

thats so nice of melmel

and very pretty crochet,its one of the many things i cant turn my hand too =S

rachel
x

Trish said...

yummy fabric and I love the flowers you have done, I have seen the book too but not bought it (yet!!!) xxx

Primrose Corner said...

Very pretty fabric you've a very kind blogging friend in Melmel. I hadn't come across the crochdet flowers book before I shall have to look out for it. I do love crocheted flowers.

angel said...

Because you have a mod fingy on here i aint sure whether i had left a message already, co's i am sure i did, but who knows!!!!!! well you do obviously, but me, i dont have a scooby...
Anyhow.... what was the question???
Oh, yeah....... Melmel is such a sweetie isnt she. :-)
As of course are you...:-)
My ickle heart is delish and i love it soooo much, its out there, hanging on my keyring as we speak. :-)
Oh yeah another fing.... i never get any awards, but as i am not a feef i wont nick em, so i shall have to get one from someone who lubs me very much.... dont know anyone like that thou do i, so i shall sit on the step and wait for someone... humph ........ fink i shall be there a long time..;-)

The crotchet is ok i s'pose, i could do better .... if i could crotchet .... heehee .... you are a clevererer girlie, aintcha...

Loads of love and huggles and one or two kisses ..........
X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x
Phew do you know how long it takes for me to do them that way.... Phew... XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

white o'morn cottage said...

Hi, i love your crochet flowers. I am going to look for that book on ebay. I have just learned to crochet (thanks to youtube) and have made a shamrock and some biscuits! I think flowers might be easy too. Thanks for the info. cheers...Pam

Country Bliss said...

I'll write down the pattern for the crochet hanger and post it with your button.
Yvonne x