Thursday, 12 March 2009

Patchwork progress


The patchwork is making great progress.


That's because it turned out a couple of other people ... Mitmot and Mary_Poppins and Little Gem wanted to make a patchwork... always more fun with more than one! So I'm progressing. I've stitched the squares into horizontal rows - thank you so much for all your encouragement and tips... and am in the process of stitching these rows together.


I had to pop out shopping and treated myself to new teatowels from Wilkos... £2 for 5 of these beauties.

Worth it for the fabric alone, and they'll cheer up the kitchen no end.


and then I happened across some lovely pillowshams...

because I popped into TK Maxx and found quilted pillowshams, which I've been after for ever such a long time. I was stunned to find how pretty the fabric underneath was (they were in a sealed pack) and that they had cute ties.

I'm thrilled with them, and they suit my collection of bed linen perfectly.


And then I was very very lucky indeed....


These are for a very special person who lives locally to me and who has given me a lot of help recently and pushed me to doing things I didn't realize I had the confidence to do. I can't wait to give them to her.

10 comments:

MelMel said...

Lovely patchwork hunni!

Super finds!

Loving TK maxx!

xxxx

LittleGem said...

Don't forget me Lacey! I am slo-o-o-wly making patchwork progress! Yours is coming along fab! Love your tkmaxx goodies, wonder who those pillowcases are for...XX

MaryPoppins said...

Beautiful Lacey, your patchwork looks amazing :)

And what lovely pretties you found too and how lovely that somone can share in their delightfulness :)

X

mitmot said...

YOu can't hide from me on here :-)
The progress is fab Lacey, you clever thing
MM xxx

Shabby Chick said...

Gah, I'm not speaking to you, we never get CK in our TK Maxx!

Mel xxx

Trish said...

its looking fab hunny :) your TK Maxx bargains look fab too sweetie xxx

vintage girl said...

Your patchwork looks lovely, and I love your purchases I never seem to find lovely bargains. Lisaxxx

white o'morn cottage said...

Well, you really hit paydirt with that lot! The pillow shams are quite beautiful. Your friend will be thrilled with her gift. Best wishes...Pam

Miss sew n sew said...

Love the patchwork I must go and buy those tea towels what a bargain!
Sarahx

angel said...

Of course its all minging...... *why cant i ever find stuff like that*......... flummin minging... didnt like anyfing anyways ..... i aint bitter... no i aint ..... not i aint!... ok maybe a ickle bit, but i wouldnt be normal if i wasnt....... a ickle bit bitter .... then again am i normal? ..... i dunno....... hummm hummmm have to fink about that one....

:-)