Friday, 6 March 2009

Cath Kidston transformation - heavenly!


Well, it was worth it. Thank you for all your lovely comments and words of encouragement. I've waited a long time for this (if you missed my before photos, check my last blog post HERE). It still isn't completely finished... I ran out with two strips to hang, so have to wait to get some more and have to paint a small bookshelf that hangs behind the toilet... but here it is. I can't stop going in there and smiling. It's become such a happy little room.


I was going to cover the tatty old mirror with fabric, but didn't know how to do it as the mirror and frame are tightly joined. But I'm pleased I haven't, as it works really well...


I found the towel and toilet roll holder in a wonderful shabby chic shop in France near where we stayed last August. And the panelling is made up from £1 B&Q clearance shaker kitchen doors... we got all we needed for under £20. The colour suits the Antique Rose print beautifully.


The paper was fine to hang, but needed a little more soaking than normal, and I did find it more prone to tear than is usual with wallpaper, but once I knew that I was very careful not to pull at it and it went up like a dream.


I found the crystal hearts in a shop a few weeks back and have been waiting for a use for them... they seem to sit quite happily, and catch the light beautifully.


I had to patch one area, but I think it's hidden well enough, and the tiles around the sink are so pretty (I blogged about those tiles here).


I wanted to include the shop details in France, so I have a record of it... if I'm lucky enough to ever visit them again. They were so incredibly friendly. I have more goodies put away to dig out at some point soon I hope. I found the most unusual curtain rail I've ever seen there, and have it ready and waiting to go up.


Hubs put up the bits and pieces, and then went out and bought black headed screws so they looked better. Thank you!

I'm just sooooo in love with Cath Kidston at the moment. It's come together so much better than I'd hoped. It's a beautiful wallpaper.


Then, thanks to a brilliant suggestion from a blogging friend, I made some pancakes...


stuffed them with bolognaise and sprinkled them with cheese and shoved them in the oven...


and the kids absolutely loved them for tea. Fab suggestion. Thank you.


This is actually quite funny, because I bought 6 x 800 g packs of mince recently for the freezer. Fab quality and dirt cheap. I'll do anything to avoid raiding my holiday fund, LOL. We are still getting through the first pack, which I made up into bolognaise, and which has to date fed 15 comfortably... there's still some left! That's 15 people for £1! But shepherd's pie and bolognaise does get dull after a while...! Any unusual suggestions for mince you have, I'd love - we have regularly done meatballs, and also stuffed peppers are popular. But that's where my inspiration ends for mince. But the stuffed pancakes were brill.

Finally, I wanted to include a picture of the lovely bone china brooches that Eddie sent me. Thank you so much, Eddie - I love them to bits. It was so kind of you to remember that I'm collecting these. I love them all, and the bouquet is so unusual.

And finally finally, thank you so much for my awards... I love getting awards, and I will blog about them soon. It means a lot that people visit, let alone giving me awards. I'm really pleased to get them.

28 comments:

thriftymrs said...

Lacey I knew it'd be fab! It looks gorgeous, really, really and beautiful.

Sal said...

It's all so gorgeous..I think I need to read it again!!
Love your shabby chic accessories
;-)

Hen said...

The wallpaper looks great. Now you'll be spending lots of time in there just to look at the paper!
Loving your little china brooches, I've got quite a few of those, too.
Mince - well I guess you've thought of the usual cottage pie, moussaka and so on. What about homemade beefburgers? Mix the mince with some chopped onions and herbs, season, (you can add an egg to bind if you like) and put a chunk of cheese in the middle of the mixture so that as you cook the beefburger, it melts. A bit of chopped chilli is nice for the adults too.
Hen x

MelMel said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love it! I love it!

You have made it so beautiful!

Clever you!xxxxxx

April said...

the room looks fab. I love the idea of the stuffed pancakes. have you tried making your own burgers?

April xx

angel said...

That is a stunning dunny lastic, you have done a beautiful job [no pun intended] in there, Wowow, i love it.
Now dont spend to long sitting in there as you have fings to do....
Love and a squilion snogs honey bunny.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Ps are the icklies allowed in there? i fink not..... lol only joking.:-)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Country Bliss said...

That looks really beautiful, I'd want to keep going in and looking at it too! The posy brooches are gorgeous too.
When I bought my Globaltex at Trago she told me a lady from London had just bought the same ones (blue Tilly and blue stripe) was it you?
Yvonne x

Thecraftytrundler said...

Love those china flowers! ABSOLUTELY love your makeover!!! Well done!!! It's beautiful : ) I think the dark wooden framed mirror looks great with it, and you have some gorgeous accessories!
That panelling was a fantastic idea, at a marvellous price! I like a bargain.
In my cloakroom, I wanted a border of blue mosaic tiles. To buy mosaic tiles it would have cost almost £70. Instead, I bought a few sheets of mosaic tiling on a plastic mesh, and cut them to size. That was £20 approx, and looks just as good!!
Well done again & thanks for sharing with us : )

Sharon xx

bekimarie said...

Your bathroom looks lovely, gorgeous wallpaper. Well done!
Must try those pancakes, they look and sound lovely.
Thank you very much for your comments yesterday.
Hugs
Beki xxx

LittleGem said...

Ooh Lace that post was just filled with lovely photos, your bathroom looks fab. SO pretty! Well done on a wonderful job :) Those brooches are gorgeous too xx

Gingerbread said...

Everything has come together really nicely it looks great, and I like all the accessories you used. best wishes Julie.C

What Kelly Did next...... said...

Oh it looks gorgeous, i love those tiles too (think i mentioned tat before, but i really do!!) I make meatloaf with mince, mix mince chopped onion, mushrooms, porridge oats & tsp bbq sauce, put it in a loaf tin and spoon more bbq sauce on top & cook in oven its lovely and even dd likes it & se is picky!! x

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

gorgeous !!! i need to do my smallest room now :-)
must do that receipe as well its looked yummy :-)
lesley x

Trish said...

it looks beautiful hun :) you have done a marvelous job there xxx

Marianne said...

What a wonderful transformation. I love that CK wallpaper!
Enjoy!
Marianne.

dancingonabladeofgrass said...

Wonderful. Wonderful ..... what a great job you've made of it!

(Angel will be having you round to her new house for the decorating of, no doubt)

xxxx

Lajoni said...

oh its just too gorgeous lol...I love it and I'm not even a CK fan...think you were right not to cover the mirror..it could just have got lost now it is a good contrast......just lovely....and I must have a go with Kellys meatloaf sounds scrummy xx

Shabby Chick said...

That looks beautiful! My house is a pile of poo at the moment so it's nice to see a lovely transformation.

Mel xxx

Janie said...

It looks so pretty Laceycakes, well done xxx

angel said...

Been dragging and droppin all morning.........Fluppin fing, i had to delete a whole post about fings i gotted in the post *smile* that got mixed up and hidden with my birfday pressies etc.... oh well i shall have to do another one...... Hehe...........

Love and hugs Honey. Mwah
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Thats the icklies kissed so i better give one to you too. X lol

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Bravo! Beautiful room. Congrats on a job well done.

Elizabethd said...

Your room looks absolutely lovely!

Poppy Cottage said...

Wow!! Your bathroom looks amazing!! Just seen your comment on my blog, thank you. The tea cosy went down a treat!! Phew. Your cakes look wonderful. You are SO talented!!

vintage girl said...

The room looks absoulutely stunning!!

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Brilliant job. Love the birds.

Lisa
Knitty, Vintage and Rosy

http://lavenderhouse.typepad.com said...

Tres beautiful! How lovely! Pat yourself on the back.

Love Emma xxxxx

Primrose Corner said...

So, many lovely pictures... I've been thinking about using wallpaper again after years of painted walls and seeing what you've done .. well it's fantastically pretty. I love the fabric heart too - simple and charming.

white o'morn cottage said...

Gorgeous! What else can I say?!!
I just started crochet yesterday and I love it too. Best wishes...Pam