Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Sorting and sewing: Cath Kidston everywhere!

Thank you all so much for the comments you left on dd's post - she's so excited by it all, and wants to return soon! I've tried to get around everyone, but apologies if I couldn't leave a comment - some blogs just won't let me past the password.

My son is thrilled with his new blue wall and curtains. Here is what he had put up with for the last couple of years since his sister moved into her own room...

There's stripes, because there's a bit of pink, and a bit of lining paper, and a bit of cream...plus the odd torn away bit where cracks had opened up the paper and had to be mended.



But thanks to finding this at a reasonable price on ebay...


and a tin of skyblue paint, he now wakes up to this:


There's a lot of fabric on these curtains, and they need a trim, and there's enough for me to make him pillowcases, so he's a very happy bunny.

I also popped on his freshly cleaned duvet cover, the one I'd found in a charity shop, and swooped on not realizing it was Laura Ashley and I wouldn't be allowed to cut it up. He loves it to bits. Not bad for a couple of quid. Maisie 3 is also very comfortable there.



And after the disaster at the weekend, when I thought my sewing machine was no more... hubs managed to clean it out thoroughly, and last night I got sewing on a small project I'd had in mind for several months, just to celebrate:

I used the binding I was sent when I ordered from the wonderful haberdashery I raved about a while back (Robson & Mason - must put another order in soon for a few things):

and fixed a strip of Cath Kidston onto two of Tescos finest...

I'm very happy with the result...

And I make no apologies for more snow pics, so skip the rest if you are totally fed up, cos this bits especially for my wonderful children. We weren't fed up (far from, we're all so childish in this house!) and rushed out on Sunday to Epsom Downs to have our last fill. Recognise the race course?!

Well, we didn't see any horses! I had to take a picture of my feet in snow...

And we made Mr Funny:

Then came back for hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows. Yum.

26 comments:

MelMel said...

What a happy post Lacey, really cheered me up.....the curtains are a wonderful find...CK at IKEA....brill!
You have made a super job of his room!
The towels are so pretty!xxxxxx

LittleGem said...

Lovely bedroom makeover Lace, and so lucky with the IKEA boat print. I have never seen any of that. Oh and the CK towels look fab, so neat! Lovely post from dd too, sorry I missed it X

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Lovely curtains and that mug of love looks delish!

Lisa
Knitty, Vintage and Rosy

bekimarie said...

The curtains look great against the blue wall and what a lucky find with the duvet cover.
Curtains look fab too.
I wouldn't of minded the snow if it had looked like yours, ours dissapeared as quickly as it came.
Take care
Hugs
Beki xxx

Lavender hearts said...

Hello, I love the new bedroom and the towels are so clever! I might have to pinch that idea! :-)

I don't know what's happening with blogs at the moment, but a few of then have this funny commenting system that takes me so long to login to often i can't be bothered! It also loses my comment if I login incorrectly.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Love the curtains and towels. You are very clever. I love seeing the snow. We haven't seen snow in Alabama in a long time.

Lajoni said...

Lacey those towels are beautiful anyone would be proud to own them you are so talented and have lovely ideas its just you don't see it and your little boys room is so lovely I bet he's really chuffed to bits lol xx

Elizabethd said...

You do have some marvellous finds on ebay etc!
and how pretty those boots are!

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Hello Beautiful Lady,
Long time no talk!
Glad to see that all is well... and loved your son bedroom transformation!
Wow!
You sure have been a busy bee!
Hope to come ad visit you again soon!
So many things to do and so little time... Sound familiar?
Much Love to you and yours,
Debbie & Alan

Shabby Chick said...

That bedroom looks worth the wait, it's lovely! The towels are great too :)

Mel xxx

TattingChic said...

Those towels are lovely! Thank heavens your sewing machine is working again without having to take it to a shop! Your husband sounds like a keeper! :)

angel said...

Once again you have excelded yourself on mingingness.

How good is Ds Bedroom, he must be so unhappy, i dont like what you did with *Tesco's Finest* How could you ruin a perfec-telly functioning pair of towels..... s'beyond me!
*smile*
PLEASE get that awful cup of hot chocolate away from me, how anyone can drink Chocolate is beyond me? [it has to be munched].
Oh and dont get me started on the snow.........lol

Lovely Honey, its always great to come have a look at all the exciting things that your days present to you and ultimatly us. *Smile*

Love and a Gazquizillion kisses.
Your bestest Shabbiest mate everer.
Mwah XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Todays word verification is "dittypoo" ewwwwwwwwww *chuckle*

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

ooo very jellyous about your new curtains and the duvet cover ! lucky son!!! towels look fab as well :-)
Lesleyx

Thecraftytrundler said...

What lovely things you found for your son's room!! Good old IKEA!!
It's always lovely to see people's creations, and those towels are gorgeous! I have trimmed flannels before, but not towels yet. It's a great way of getting inexpensive designer towels to your own choice!
Keep on crafting : )

Sharon xx

Liz said...

Oh my goodness! I adore what you did to those towels! Fabulous idea!

sharie said...

I bet your son is made up with his new room, the colour and curtains are lovely and well done on the thrifty duvet cover find.

nice nifty make with the towels too, a great way to improve a plain towel.

dancingonabladeofgrass said...

Lovely fresh look to the bedroom ... looks very inviting.

The towel idea is great ... must make you smile every time you use them.

xxxxxx

Dresden Plate said...

Your towels are absolutely lovely, what a brilliant idea!

white o'morn cottage said...

Those towels are just fabulous. You really did a great job and I am going to have a go at doing something similar. What a great idea! Thanks!

http://lavenderhouse.typepad.comh said...

Lovely stuff. My son has an orange thing going on which is very tricky. I love the curtains. Very, very nice.

Love Emma xxxxx

Primrose Corner said...

Love what you've done with the towels and as for the hot chocolate it look far too good to actually drink.

As for snow .... I am a bit fed up with it now. It's ben too difficult trying to get up the hills out of the village.

MaryPoppins said...

Well done lacey, gorgeous :)

X

louise said...

OOo I love the towels they look so pretty. The bedroom make over is lovely. Wasn't the snow fun.
Take care.
xxx

MelMel said...

Afternoon Lacey......just popped in to say hi!xxx

Kathryn said...

The curtains look great, but I luvvv, the towels. What a clever cookie you are.
Kathryn

bibbitybob said...

Lovely post - those curtains are fab and the towels look really pretty!