Thursday, 5 February 2009

Snow and (little bit of ) crafting and snow ;-)


We have had a ball. Yes, it's been frustrating not being able to do as much work as I need to, but I'm so not going to sit in my rocking chair when I'm 95 bemoaning that fact. But I will remember the fun we've had. And so will the little Laces. Aside from anything, it's been so pretty. Just look at what was tipping off our patio doors and how gorgeous the garden looked...


Even Mr Lace, desperately trying to work from home, decided to take time out to build a sled. This story is one of those life coincidences I find so heartwarming. We unearthed the pallet in our garage - which we've set ourselves the task of clearing by the end of March. Haha. This has been in there since we moved in some 10 years ago, left by the previous owners, and we didn't know it was there. That's how bad our garage is.

Anyway, we dragged it out just before Christmas, saying we must get rid. And now, for the first time ever, we found we needed a sled... and there it was! The universe works in mysterious ways. I find coincidences like this happen all the time.


It was great fun. And I mean GREAT FUN!!!!

Yes, I had a go! (But not in the pictures, LOL).


Another benefit of children at home, is discovering that they can tidy up!

I was so pleased, looking at something in this picture. I've been lucky enough to sort out my duvet problem lately with the immense kindness of two lovely members of the Shabbychic forum. More about this in a later post! I don't know how I'd do without this forum now, but the kindness of people to go out of their way that is shown on there is wonderful to experience. Anyway, my middle daughter was desperate for her own pretty duvet, as she's getting too old for the ones she has. I couldn't find her something at the right price, and was beginning to feel incredibly bad about it. However, this links to what I mentioned about things happening at the right time in a quite incredible way. I walked into a charity shop last week, and found this Laura Ashley duvet cover and pillowcase, hardly used. She adores it. The same person had obviously had a clear out and I got an equally yummy one for my son. Each cheap as chips. So that's sorted.

Of course, if I'm honest, my first thought was to cut it up for my fabric craving. But dd really did come first! I do have some scruples...!

Of course, the snowpeople got bigger and bigger...

I've taken another look at my lovely Zakka sewing book, though the results aren't too brilliant. But it was fun...


Still amazed at the sheer depth of snow.


And the fluffiness.


And best of all, we had two wonderful evening meals with people who are rather special in my life but who I see too little of. At one, we even played Christmas music...it was magical.

13 comments:

bekimarie said...

Great sled, bet the kids love it.
Lovely duvet cover!
Take care
Hugs
Beki xxx

dancingonabladeofgrass said...

Lovely photos!

Interesting how the snow makes us change our perspective ... we see things differently ... people behave differently ... and jolly snowpeople pop up all over the place with amazing expressions!

xxxxxxxx

Shabby Chick said...

That sledge looks great fun! I wish we'd been but it's all melting now (Yes!! I've had enough!).

What a great coincidence with the duvet covers, must be fate. I say that a lot lol!

Mel xxx

Lucy@Corset Laced Mannequins said...

wow...you've had much more snow than we've had...lucky things! I love the winter. Bings out the best in me...and food, friends and family! Sounds as though you've had a wonderful gathering. Lucyxx

MelMel said...

Thank you Lacey....for the kind thoughts....

Love the snow pic's, our snow was a huge disppointment, the snowman we made was about 6 inches high....bless!xxx

Elaine said...

Lovely photos again Lacey. And great thrifty finds too.

I would encourage anyone to join SCC, it is a wonderful place full of amazing people.

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sal said...

I love that snowperson!!
We didn't get much snow,sadly ;-(

white o'morn cottage said...

looks like mega fun! I love your dd's duvet. Well done. What a nice family you all come across as...best wishes...Pam

TattingChic said...

What a fabulous day in the snow! Thanks for sharing! It brings back some beautiful memories! :)

fiftiesgirl said...

Looks like you had a lovely time x

Margie said...

Great family time photos and wonderful inventiveness...I missed my girls and spent one day home alone in the snow, it does not seem the same. What a bargain find..pretty covers. I recently joined the Shabby Chic Forum but still have to figure out how to navigate around it. more snow forecast in the next few days. hugs Margie

louise said...

The snow was fab wasn't it. We all really enjoyed it. Thanks for your comments I am still really enjoying the hooking.
Have a lovely weekend.
xxx

angel said...

Lackie, how did i miss this post!

Lovely, the pic's are so special, bless em, its times like these that the ickle lacy's will alwys remember isnt it.:-)

I want that book slather.:-)

Lovely Duvet and im so glad that Master lastic is getting a blue bedroom [about time].:-)

Glad you have been having fun, its lovely to know.
Mwah X xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX