Monday, 23 February 2009

Cornwall for half term and swap collected!


Guess where we've been!



We've had a fabulous break in sunny Cornwall. I love Cornwall, and Devon, and we've spent lots and lots of happy holidays there. We go whenever we can in fact.

Well, it turns out that a fellow ShabbyChic blogger, Miss_Phish, lives fairly close to one of our favourite parts of this gorgeous county. And she generously invited us over for lunch and to meet her chickens and ducks...brave, considering she'd never met the Lace hoards!

We all had such a fabulous time. I can't rave about her home enough. It was difficult to pull ourselves away.

I even got to pick up my February swap package, which was so beautifully wrapped:



Inside the pink tissue was a lovely covered notebook and zipped bag - I'm so jealous, as I can't do zips.


What a treat. Under those was a lovely recipe book, complete with recipe for yummy chocolate muffins. Tested already, last night!

And guess what?!
Tucked away below everything, in a beautiful heart and flowers silk scarf (how clever was that - the swap was hearts and flowers), were these...

Yum, yum, yum.

We did a lot of walking along the coast, and visited Eden of course...


Did some ice skating on their rink, which the children all love aside from my youngest who gets a bit nervous.

More cushions...

(Think I'm a bit cushion obsessed!).

Well, I had to fit in my crafty bit, didn't I!

20 comments:

claire said...

I'm glad you had a fabby time :)
Your pictures are great xx

thriftymrs said...

oOOH looks like you had a lovely time.
And your swap looks lovely. :)

MelMel said...

How yummy!
Lovely gift!

xxx

I sent an email blog invite!

Sal said...

Glad you had a good break!! Love your cushions ;-)

Lajoni said...

lovely photos Lacey...I lived in devon for a while GREAT TORRINGTON..loved it but came back when my mum became ill...OH always says the rain is never as wet in Devon lol

Love your swap gift...what beautiful goodies ..oh and yummy ones x

Shabby Chick said...

I absolutely love love LOVE Cornwall so I am very extremely jealous! What gorgeous swap goodies too, wonderful.

I must have a go at crazy patchwork, your cushion is amazing.

Mel xxx

April said...

sounds like you had a fab time!

April xx

Janie said...

Ahhhh, good memories!! It was so special meeting you all, and hopefully we'll meet again next time you're down this way xx

PS I won't tell Mr Duck you called him a goose.

Tsk Tsk. ;o)

Rosesposes said...

I love cornwall too its just so nice, I like a little place called lulworth cove which is in dorset area too. It reminds me of the coves in cornwall.
Your swap parcel looks lovely. How did you get your muffins so perfect, they look really nice x

angel said...

Oh you lucky lucky girly, been on holiday and met miss Phish! a double whammy.... and......and you got lovlies! how lucky are you!
Its good to have you home.:-)
Poor Mr Duck has a complex now, thinks he is a GOOSE.... silly woman.:-)
Love and huggles. Mwah X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thecraftytrundler said...

Look as though you had a fantastic week!! You managed to make those lovely cushions too. I must admit, I can never have enough cushions!!
Lovely swap too!!! SCRUMPTIOUS!!!! ; )

Sharon xx

Trish said...

glad you had a fab time hunny :) swap goodies are fab :) those cakes do look yummy, any left??? xxx

Simone said...

Cornwall looks beautiful with the bright blue sky. I bet you was happy to discover muffins at the bottom of your swap package! I am glad you managed to show some crafty stuff too!

Elaine said...

That is such a lovely swap, well done Janie xxx
And it's lovely to see your photos, and know you had a great time.

Now where's that chicken????

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Primrose Corner said...

I'm glad you got out and about for half term. Love your cushions.

Country Bliss said...

Looks like you had a lovely time, great pics! Beautiful swap and cushions.
Yvonne x

Elizabethd said...

Now you've made me very homesick! What a lovely swap you had, the notebook is so pretty. And I do love your cushion too.

Lyn said...

I love your chickens! Hubby and I are going to Cornwall in May and I am so excited. I have been before but Hubby hasn't so I am looking forward to showing him Eden and Heligan and Fowey and.....
Love
Lyn
xxx

http://lavenderhouse.typepad.com said...

i am itching to go to Cornwall again you lucky devil. What area did you stay in?

Love Emma xxxxx

TattingChic said...

Your visit sounds like a fabulous trip! How cool to meet another fellow blogger! I think that would be so much fun!