Thursday, 22 January 2009

Those tiles! LOL And crafting brooches


Thank you for all your comments. The tiles... I bought them at a craft fair a little while back from this lady.
Her range of ceramics is absolutely gorgeous, very unique, and I've been lusting (and saving!) after one of her milk cartons for a long time (picture from www.hannerysgaard.com).


She's also getting very well known - I spotted her stuff in The Sunday Times recently, and she's been in numerous other magazines and papers. Her stuff is lovely and certainly drew a lot of attention at the fair where I saw it.
The tiles just leapt out at me - I bought six, and here's the remaining two:

after hubs used the four above the sink.


Those panels by the sink were the ones from B&Q - they're B&Q shaker kitchen doors, reduced to £1 each. We're panelling the whole understairs toilet for around £20! Bargain, and they're a lovely colour as well.
She has a studio in Bristol, but I haven't made it there yet. If anybody goes, I'd love to hear. When I met her, I'm sure she said she does mail order.

I've been trying to make brooches this morning, which has been fun. I started off with a book,

but got fed up so I scribbled my own pattern and used that as a template. I prefer to make it up as I go along anyway - books are good inspiration, but they can be so fiddly to understand.


Then I did some crochet, and now I'm playing with putting them together.


I can't stop - crochet and small bits of fabric... very addictive!

16 comments:

Raspberry Grace said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous!

God bless, Rasp xx

LittleGem said...

Love the tiles - I bet your bathroom will look FAB! Your brooches are lovely too - I prefer to work with smaller things too, big things are more daunting! XX

LittleGem said...

Love the tiles - I bet your bathroom will look FAB! Your brooches are lovely too - I prefer to work with smaller things too, big things are more daunting! XX

Surfer Rosa said...

I just adore that strawberry tile!
I must convince my husband we need a new kitchen just so I can have those strawberry tiles :-)

Very cute brooches too. I have never considered combining crochet and fabric - but its a good effect. I'm planning on making a skirt for my daughter, something floral and cotton (inspired by another blog) and then adorned with crochet flowers and buttons (inspired by your brooches).
Lovely blog
Louise
x

thriftymrs said...

Thanks for sharing the tile lady link. They are ever so pretty.
Loving your crafty florals. Very talented.

MelMel said...

Loving the tiles...ssssoooooooo much!
The brooches are well fab!xxxx

angel said...

They are all lovely Lastic, well done [there aint no stopping you is there] and im loving the tiles, WOW they are gorgeous! seriously gorgeous......... drool .. slather ... slurp.....

I'm off to catch up on all your posts that i have missed ...... see's ya soon .....
Love and hugs Honey Mwah
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Squillions of these XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Elizabethd said...

What fun! They look so colourful.

Thecraftytrundler said...

That booklet absolutely draws you to it!!! It's beautiful!!
Love the tiles, didnt realise you could get any as pretty as that.
Love your brooches too! Will have to find my crochet hook : )

Happy crafting!

Sharon x

~ Phyllis ~ said...

I love the tiles. They are georgeous. Thanks for the link. Anxious to see pics of your bathroom when finished.
Love the little flower brooches. I jest recently purchased a yo-yo maker and am planning on making flowers. Hope they look as nice as yours.

Flossie and Tom said...

Love the brooches - they are beautiful.

Just told my hubbie off - he works for B&Q and I wanted to know why he hadnt thought of that idea for panelling !!

Guess there wont be many Shaker doors to be had at his branch soon !!!

Sara
XX

Primrose Corner said...

Beautiful - I like the one with the yo-yo and the button very effective.

second wind said...

Wow, what fantastic tiles. Never seen anything like those, so thanks for link. I wondered what you were going to do with your B&Q doors bargain, what a great idea. Look forward to seeing the finished article. Very pretty brooches too.x

Simone said...

The tiles and milk cartons are lovely. Very unusual. You have been busy with the brooches! I want to have a go at making some flowery brooches too!

dancingonabladeofgrass said...

Thanks for pointing us in the direction of that pottery lady! She's within striking distance of here ...

Love your brooches ....

Sal said...

My goodness you've been so busy !
I love your brooches ;-)