Thursday, 29 January 2009

Thank you Mary Poppins!


I received such a lovely parcel of goodies from Mary Poppins this morning, which helped to lift me out of a very bad morning indeed. Just look at the wonderful packaging... recognise it! I love the way that Cath Kidston paper is printed on both sides. And in among those wonderful packages were 3 truffle chocolate bunnies (which the little Laces loved, and said huge thank yous for...as sweets outside a Saturday are very rare for them), together with cinder toffee (yum, have I mentioned my love of a crunchie bar a few times!!!!!), AND with jelly beans. Lovely goodies!

The little heart really touched me deeply. It says 'I believe in you'. Believe me, it came at a very good time, because I certainly haven't believed in me for a couple of days. Thank you - that meant so much. I'm keeping it very close to me atm.


The heart is resting on a wonderful vintage pillowcase. I had these as a child, but although I've got the sheets, I haven't picked up the pillowcases yet. Thank you for that - it also made me blub, because it was so thoughtful.
And a rose linen T-towel. Too good to use as a T-towel, methinks!


More? Yep, MaryPoppins has spoilt me rotten. Just look at these goodies. The napkins are wonderful, and I even have a decoupaged card. I want to know how you got it so neat! And a lovely handbag compact mirror. And CK stationery and stickers. And lots of card pretties, which I'll have great fun using. And wonderful gift tags (on blue backing) - how did you make them?! They are so pretty.


There's more!!!! I got this fabulous cushion, beautifully wrapped in a pink ribbon.


It's so beautifully wrapped, I don't want to take the ribbon off. And the stitching is so perfect.
If that's your first attempt, I won't ever post a picture of my first attempt!!!


And more... a rose picture frame with a special poem. Together with some lovely stickers.


MaryPoppins, you have made me cry today. Thank you so much for all the thought and care you put into my swap. I'm frankly overwhelmed by the support I've found in blogging. And it lifts me everytime I found myself sinking down. xxx

I was also very lucky in winning Lajoni's giveaway. Just look at the lovely package...

I've lost the picture of the beautiful frame inside...will take another and post soon. Lajoni, do you mind if I post your photo, as you so kindly left it in the frame?! x

Finally, I made another of those bags...

I think this one will be heading to ebay, to try and help feed my fabric addiction. Feeding what is becoming an obsession is proving increasingly hard!


I'm so sorry I haven't got back to you all for your wonderful comments on my last post. They meant so much. I've just had a really bad couple of days. You all say such lovely things. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and to comment.

26 comments:

LittleGem said...

Wonderful swap Lace, such pretty things. I love the pillowcase! Oh and that bag you made is gorgeous, how can you bare to sell it! I would have to keep it! Gorgeous and you are so talented xx

Simone said...

You have received some wonderful things. It is the little things like this that help get us through the bad times isn't it? I love your bag that you made.x

MaryPoppins said...

You are very welcome, I am glad that I touched you in some way :)

I am loving that bag make sure you give me the heads up when it goes onto Ebay :)

Much love

Mary

X

Lavender hearts said...

i love the bag! i'm desperate for hat mag now! :-)

bekimarie said...

What beautiful goodies! Mary Poppins is a truly lovely person.
Hope you're feeling better.
Take care
Hugs
Beki xxx

Margie said...

I am so glad Mary Poppins called to you, sounds like you really needed "a spoonful of sugar", good old Mary Poppins...those bags you are making are really great, are they difficult to make? hugs Margie.

Lajoni said...

Wow what a gorgeous swap from , Mary she obviously holds you very dear and I can understand why, you are such a sweetheart.
and that bag is to die for I love it love it love it want one for summer lol...you must make a few to sell Lacey
and as for my photo think thats best kept hidden cus Maypole would be wondering why I look totally different in her photo lol xx

second wind said...

Fabulous swapand glad it cheered you up.How funny that you received that pillowcase - I was sorting through some of my stored (for 5years) airing cupboard boxes today and came across my stripey bedding. Have now washed and reinstated it. I love it too.Your new bag is gorgeous too, love that fabric. x

karen said...

Wow how spoilt are you Mary poppins is such a swwetie isn't she

That bag is georgeous I bet it sell's as soon as you put it on ebay.
(((Hugs)))
karen

TattingChic said...

Wow! What a fabulous stash o' stuff you got there! It looks like you are going to be having a lot of fun with that! :)

angel said...

Its all flipping minging.........


I CANT BELIEVE YOU LOT ARE SO BLIMMIN TALENTED... WHY OH WHY CANT I BE AS GOOD AT STUFF AS YOUS ARE!

Isnt Mary Poppins lovely.:-) we wub you Mary.:-)

I dont know how you wonderful ladies do it.
I love coming onto all your blogs and seeing all the delish posts, also watching the beauty there is in the friendships, forged because of blogging and crafting.

Lovely post, Lovely people.

Lastic, you are an inspiration to many and loved by all.
God Bless you in abundance. X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X

Country Bliss said...

What a beautiful swap, Mary has spoilt you.
Wow, your bag is really gorgeous it should make lots of money on ebay.
Yvonne x

MelMel said...

Hi my dearie....an email on its way!xxxx

karen said...

Hiya
Thanks for popping over to mine.
The mini quilts take me about week to complete each one but that's only because my son and my sewing machine don't mix well so I can only do the machine bit's when he's at pre school. If I was to do it from start to finish in one go It would probably only take me about 4/5 hours.
They're really fun to do You should give it a go.
Sorry for the long winded answer hehehe.
Speak to you again soon
karen

Primrose Corner said...

Love the bag and I think Mary Poppins worked some of her famous magic on your swap goodies. They're beautiful I love the heart shaped label.

MaryPoppins said...

I am not surprised it is your beautiful bedroom, how could it not be with all your lovely floraly pretties :)

Well done on wining Lajoni's beautiful frame, she is very funny isn't she, her and angel a right young pair :)

Good Luck for my Giveaway

Mary

X

Surfer Rosa said...

The cushion is just lovely - lucky you to receive such a beauty.

Your bags are very impressive. I'm still finding my way with the sewing machine - but I'm aspiring to something like that .... one day!

thriftymrs said...

Ah wow wonderful swap!

angel said...

Was it the bit where i said it was all minging, that made you grizzle. :-( i didnt mean it, t'was joking......... lol

Thanks for the "Big up* on my blog.

You know you deserve ALL the awards in blogland.......*Mwah*


except the "I'm a minger award" thats one i deffo aint, giving away....*smile* ..

Love and a big squidge Mwah X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x X x

Wanda said...

Just fouond your blog from Surfer Rosa. I would love to have a Mary Poppins in my life. What a wonderful parcel, enjoy it.TTFN

pink-petal-designs said...

wow, what a lovely package swap to recieve, you have some really lovely things in it, i LOVE the cushion!
Sarah x

MaryPoppins said...

I have tagged you :)

X

LittleGem said...

Hiya Lacey, I have tagged you xx

MaryPoppins said...

http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2008/12/how-to-make-napkin-card-and-be-hit-of.html

The tutorial for making napkin cards,

Really easy

X

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Such lovley goodies. Lucky you.
Your bag is delightful.

solomi558 said...

I,m cottonreel, I have some of those stripey sheets and pillow cases, I never thought I could call them vintage, but hey! now I think about it they are about 35 years old.My vintage stash is growing without stepping out of the door