Tuesday, 16 December 2008

What to do with a chocolate tub!

It was sitting there... Empty.

An empty Celebrations tub started calling to me, because it had a message...


So I pulled out my overflowing pile of scraps and set to with some glue...


top and sides...

I'm thrilled with my make do and mend tub. And it will fit a whole lot more fabric scraps in than my last one...

Now a huge thank you to Melmel for my award. I love it. I haven't had many awards, and it's always lovely that anybody thinks my blog is worth an award. Melmel's proved such a good friend, and helped me see through some difficult times. So thank you for this.

I'm guessing that most people have had it, but I'd like to award it to Emma at Lavenderhouse, who is just so brilliant at blogging, I simply cannot keep up with her. And Angel, who has become such a lovely friend and more than deserves awards aplenty, and the lovely Dollydollop, who regularly updates her smashing blog.

13 comments:

TattingChic said...

How resourceful of you to do that. Congratulations on your award!

Lace hearts said...

Thank you, TattingChic!

thriftymrs said...

It looks terrific, great idea.

claire said...

Ooh thank you Lacey :)Love the fabric covered choc tin x
I use a huge choc tin for my tealights...its still in its natural state.....for now!!! FAb idea xx

MelMel said...

Thank you for saying that Lacey.....huge hugXXXX

Loving the box, what a fantasic idea!xxx

Shabby Chick said...

Well done on the award! And thanks for the compliment on the bunting :)

That tub is great, I have so many scraps I think I might have to do something similar if you don't mind.

Mel x

fiftiesgirl said...

Well done on your award and well done on the make. Its really clever and so useful too! x

http://lavenderhouse.typepad.com said...

Great idea. Think I will do one too.

Love Emma xxxxx

angel said...

Oh i dont like you no more, you are so clevererererer and your even clevererererer than santa, i bet he wouldnt have comded up with such a great idea!
I wonder what goes on in your brain? do you sit looking for things to do...... sheesh you work so hard i'm *Yawn* knacked just reading about all you get up too. *smile*

Love and hugs Honey and a million kisses. Mwah
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Oh, and thank you for my award Lovely jubbly, i dont know why i dont get MORE of them......... LOL
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Josie-Mary said...

What a good idea.... looks fab! :)

Primrose Corner said...

Congratulations on the award. Love the idea with the tub - be a great thing to do with an older child. Such pretty storage for bits and pieces.

Lace hearts said...

Thank you all for visiting, and for your lovely comments. And of course you can do it, Shabby chick - I'd love to see others... I certainly am not the first to do something like this!

Shabby Chick said...

Aww thanks for dropping by my blog. I think we're going to have to do something, it's getting stupid. Maybe we'll get Christmas out the way (as bedtime is bound to go up the shoot then anyway!) and then have a big push in the new year at getting them into a better routine.

Will keep you posted on the tub, I'd better go and buy a tub of sweeties to eat first!!!! ;)

Mel xxx