Monday, 8 December 2008

Swaps - a big thank you!

My wonderful swap arrived from the lovely Claire at Dolly dollop (this was a swap organised by Melmel and Lesley). I was overwhelmed by the care behind this wonderful package, with 'a cosy night in being the theme'. Just look what was in the box...


All beautifully wrapped ...



And with chocolates sprinkled generously in...


We had such a lot of fun looking in all the packages, and this is the lovely contents of that box (arranged by my eldest, who always does it so well)...


The Christmas book has some fabulous ideas inside, and I'm itching to make the boots on the cover...


There's a little bottle of wine, angel decorations, crackers


Bath roses and a scented candle, lovely yummy flavoured coffees... and chocolate chocolate chocolate. Every girl's dream of a cosy night in. Thank you so much, Claire. You really made my week. I just hope you enjoy my swap as much.

Now, when I went to Liberty, I mentioned I bought some fabric. I thought you may want to see it...


It still is available...at £125 a metre.


I got mine for £10, and there's at least a metre, if not a bit more...

Look at the work on the back. The amount of embroidery threads is incredible.


And finally, please wish me luck. I've put one of my Maisie's onto ebay at 99p. Now, Maisies costs £5 just for stuffing (one whole bag) and fabric. That's before the 3 hours she takes to make up. So I thought I'd test the market... I'm not sure ebay's the place, but we'll see. But this is Maisie...


And here she is playing with her friend, Maisie two...


I don't expect to cover my costs, but I think I'll cry if she goes for 99p! So please wish me luck!!!

11 comments:

MelMel said...

I'd have paid for her! i love the cowboy maisie! my fave print....she is wonderful!

I love your swap!
You will have a super cosy night in....love MelMelxxxxxx

xxx

MelMel said...

Hi sweetie.....thank you so much, your so nice to me!
Always a lovely comment!
Big hugxxxxxxxx

TattingChic said...

Your swap looks like a lot of fun! Cute little Maisie horse, too (two)!

Josie-Mary said...

What a bargain that fabric was?? Well done you!! I'd love to meet Cath on Friday, it's my day off but it's a long way to go....
Your swap gifts look good, I'm sending mine this week.... feel nervous... what happens if she doesn't like it!!!
I'm sure Masise will sell for more then 99p, she's lovely :)

claire said...

Hi Lacey,
Glad you liked your swap - I loved mine and the fabric bucket just tipped me over the edge of excitement :)!!!
Maisie will surely sell for more she's gorgeous x And fab Liberty bargain too
Xx

MelMel said...

Hi i can't find Maisie on ebay!xxx

Lace hearts said...

Hi all. Thanks for your lovely comments.
Melmel - I've added a link on the right hand column to my ebay listings.

angel said...

Oh why didnt you put Maisie on SC! i would have boughted him! and you know i dont do ebay........ mutter mutter........

Now your swap is to die for well done you lucky lady....... and Claire..... wowowowowowow.

Poor old vintage tea will be worrying that she hasnt gotted hers yet......... but you know me always last.... tsk tsk.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
one more X and another couple X x X

Monique Elisabeth said...

She looks so wonderful !!! I'm sure she will go for more then 99P.
Have a great day !!

Country Bliss said...

Wow, lovely swap you were spoiled! I have the book and am in the process of making the boots.
Maisy is adorable I'm sure she'll sell well.
Yvonne x

Vintage Tea said...

Hi,

You should try etsy.com to sell your Maisie... that's the place everyone heads to for handcrafted items rather than eBay... only downside is it's American so you have to list in $ but i know a lot of UK users.

Victoria xx