Thursday, 11 December 2008

IKEA and rosali and Cath Kidston


July 2011... Just to update... IKEA have now brought back lots of rosali to UK stores. If you want it, keep checking, because I'm sure you'll find it. However, for some reason, they haven't popped it onto their online site. Not sure why! There's the fabrics, curtains, duvets covers were in 2010, but not sure they are available now, the lovely large throw... so a lovely selection.

I've watched IKEA's rosali items (not sure whether it's actually Cath Kidston or not, but people on ebay say it is, and it's certainly very Kidston-inspired) on ebay for some time. It sells for extraordinary prices. Most way too high for me. I couldn't find a picture of my rosali curtains, so I've popped in the picture above of Maisie 2, nestled into the curtains.

I'm also aware that rosali is available in Europe - definitely in Amsterdam, and in Germany. Apparently it sells out very quickly. So, as it's no longer available here, and it's a sure fire seller, I emailed customer services at IKEA. The first request got a standard response:

Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately there are no plans at present to bring back the ROSALI fabric to the UK. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

So, I emailed back, pointing out the high ebay prices, and saying that in the current recession, I thought they were missing something here. I got this back...

Thank you for your email and comments. Unfortunately IKEA have no plans to start selling this range again. All IKEAs work separately and there decide what items are popular. If an item is not a big seller they are usually discontinued. Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Now, I think they've totally missed the beat on this one. It's a curious thing when you just know a company aren't getting it.

So, all you rosali lovers, please email IKEA at:
Customer.Service@memo.ikea.com
and put in a plea for them to consider bringing it back.

Actually, I think it's Maisie 3 - Maisie 2 has a gingham tummy and has galloped off onto ebay. Maisie 3 is at home in the curtains! ;-)

21 comments:

TattingChic said...

Cute horsey! OH, I love coldplay, too! (previous post, LOL!)

Josie-Mary said...

Please don't get me started on Ikea's customer service team!!! I contacted them once & was told 'what do you want me to do about it' !!!! I will email though as I love this fabric, I must say I have a couple metres in a box that I don't want to use because I love it so much!! Think I had to throw the pink metre away 'cos I left it in the shed!! :)

Monique Elisabeth said...

I love those curtains, I can imagine you want the fabric in the UK.
I live in The Netherlands, so I will have a look to see if they sell it here.
Have a wonderful day.

MelMel said...

Hi Lacey.....your quite right to growl about it...i'll email...
I too had no idea and missed the boat...bought a few things cheap in an IKEA sale a few yrs back and my mum got a couple of the blinds from the same range for me....ebay prices......my sister has a few things, she is sorting them out for me today....sweet girl...but its is so annoying that they won't bring it back!
Clearly its very popular.....
I'd love some of the sheer curtains, but i'm not paying silly prices!xxxx

Sal said...

I might be able to help you.I have a stash of Rosali fabric as I used to sell it in my fabric shop on ebay. My email is on my blog.

Sal ;-)

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

I wanted the rosali stuff for the daughters bedroom - i will email too!! i was cath kidston that did it i thought - like she did the tesco bags - you would think they would look for opportunities to make money like you say !
Lesley x

MelMel said...

You have an awardx

angel said...

Oh i like a good moan so i will email them too honey.
I hope your feeling better today?
Its horrible having snot all over your face and when you lay down it gets a damp patch on your pillow ... ewwwww ....... then it gets in your hair and trying to pull a brush through it in the morning is so hard, mind you it saves on hair gel ......... lol.

Love and hugs honey. mwah
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Gem said...

Just sent my email, here's hoping they listen to what their customers want!
x

Elizabethd said...

Next time I'm in Ikea France I will take a look.

Lavender hearts said...

Well you'd think it would be popular, but having said that they discontinued my sofa pattern only a few months ago (the floral chintzy one). Their customer service (or customer disservice) stinks! When I bought the sofas (total of £500) they charged me 3 times for them! Bearing in mind I'd just moved house and had just paid stamp duty, removals, estate agent fees etc I could have done without £1500 coming out of my account. I had to wait 10 days to get my money back! I guess what I'm trying to say is that I doubt they will listen but good luck! :-) x

MelMel said...

I've had a wonderful weekend!

You?xx

Kelly said...

Oh wow your masie is lovely so lovely you are a very talented lady, i will certainly be emailing ikea x

Josie-Mary said...

Just to let you know I sent the email & the reply came back the same .... 'sorry we're not going to do it again'. Hopefully they'll listen if we all do it. After your comment I feel I should explain why my fabric was in the shed.... I was using it as a shade... I attached one side to the shed & had a pole the other, it did look good but I left it in the shed & the roof came in during the heavy rain in the summer!! When I found it it was really wet & mouldy!! Not sure if I kept it... I'm going to hunt on my day off... I think it did get put in the bin 'cos my OH would've said...'why are you keeping a piece of wet mouldy fabric??' they don't understand!! :)

MelMel said...

Hi there, morning!

Very frosty here today!
Bbrrrrrr!

Got the start of a dumb cold! drat!
Oh well 4 days and then i have 9 days off! yippee!

xxxx

Jema Rose said...

I have e-mailed them too..!

I live in Sweden...

Hugs, Jenny

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

I went to Ikea this morning and they got it back! king size 25pounds! yes yes in the UK :)

sheila of Worcs said...

Oh heck... I can't find it there at all.

I've looked on the website and there's nothing there at all. Is it still called 'Rosali'? HELP... I want it I WANT IT!!
:-O

angel said...

I notice the name of it is ROSELIN on my packets all six of them..... YEAH.... The blue is fabulous.. LOVE IT. :)

kkrueger84 said...

Does anyone know if these are still being sold in stores?

Thanks

Anonymous said...

They are selling the rosali bedding in an ikea store near me (Warrington). I bought both the blue and the White kingsize duvet covers both £25 each! Bargain, live the
!!