Monday, 15 December 2008

Advent and a beautiful swap surprise


I love advent. This year we've made an advent table, backed by a beautiful advent calendar which runs across the back of the table we've set it up on. The little houses light up, and we've added lots of scenes. We've also added a crib scene, but hadn't set it up when I took the pictures. I'll try and add pictures of it.


Of course, with three children, one advent isn't enough. We have three. My son's beaver group did a fabulous advent on tinsel. They mixed up the pictures so he never quite knows what he's going to open.



It's a fab idea. And perfect for an 8 year old boy! Apparently they all loved doing it.


We've also made quite a few decorations for the kitchen, where it's snowing!


I received my lovely Christmas swap from Littlegem on the shabby chic forum. The packages were so beautifully wrapped, I didn't want to open them for a while...


And here are the fabulous contents - all so gorgeous.


I'm thrilled with the heart garland, and the stocking, and the homemade decorations.


And chocolate santas! Yummy. And bath fizzers... but the home made stuff is terrific. Little Gem, you are so talented! I love it all. Thank you!

11 comments:

Kelly said...

What a beautiful swap, they are lovely and your advert idea is wonderful :-)

MelMel said...

How wonderfully festive your home looks, love the tiny vilage!
That swap is blimming amazing.....so pretty, and all handmade, how special...xxx

TattingChic said...

I Love your little houses! So cute and sweet! They are darling! I used to have a village...all Department 56 stuff... no more. It got given away years ago...sniff...sniff...Now I am missing it this year more than ever!

LittleGem said...

You are very welcome Caroline! I really enjoyed making all of them! Glad you liked it all and thankyou for posting photos :) xx

MaryPoppins said...

Gorgeous Lacey, shes a good un isn't she :) Well done little Gem :)

I love your table I though it was ashop layout :)

Hope you are well and happy

X

claire said...

Love the idea of an advent table - x
That Gem is dead clever isn't she???? I'm going to invite her to spend december at my house next year and she can decorate and make new decs for me :)
Xx

Shabby Chick said...

Hi, I've just been having a nose at your beautiful blog and had to say hello :)

The two swaps you've done look lovely, what nice things!

I had no idea that Ikea still sold Rosali elsewhere, though we don't have one anywhere near us so I never know what they have. I did have a pair of the pillow cases for a while but I ended up selling them on ebay ages ago to raise funds :-S Such a pretty design though.

Anyway, I will be back! Mel x

Shabby Chick said...

Thanks Caroline, and thanks for popping by :)

Have done the boats and I'm really pleased with it, just going to post the pics up now!

Mel x

Elizabethd said...

What pretty things...very inspiring!

white o'morn cottage said...

A wonderful post. It really put me in the mood for Christmas! Thanks

angel said...

Oh you jammie girl, that ickle Gem lives up to her name dosent she. *smile*
I love all your decorations, the Village is lovely, you are a lovely darling mother.
I am so proud to know you. Mwah
X x X x X X XxxxxxXXxxxxxXXXXXxxxx X x X x X x XxxxxxXXxxxxxXXXXXxxxx