Thursday, 20 November 2008

Floral madness?


Thank you so much for all your comments. I read and love each and every one, and I'm sorry I've not responded to all of them recently. Time is catching up with me, since I realized I needed to get on with my Christmas shoppings. So, I thought I'd spend some time showing you my bed! Because I love it so much! You'll see the crochet blanket has come to a bit of a halt, because I rather like it this size. But it will grow again soon!

I love my bed, did I mention that? We chose it some 15 years ago at least, from the Iron Bed Company, and have never regretted what seemed expensive at the time. And I love the floral bedcovers/sheets/pillowcases I've collected. But I sometimes wonder if I'm going ott!


The throw has a small sprigged floral side, and a larger roses side. One of my Laura Ashley bargains, and worth every penny.


You see, not only do I have the duvet and pillowcases, but I add a floral sheet. I just feel it's so summer-y. I wonder if I'll get worse as I get older.


Here's my bedside table, which I know I've shown before, but as it fits here I'll pop it in again. I spent a couple of years searching for the right bedside lights, and when we saw them, we both fell in love. I also like my fluffy pompoms, which hang in the corner.


Bedside reading...

Some of my floral and lacey pillowcases...


And another lovely bed...where we stayed in Burford recently...it even had a light inside the four poster!


And, just for a change from all those florals in case you need waking up!, I thought I'd add this heat image of me and the children, taken at Bristol Explore.

21 comments:

TattingChic said...

Your bed does look cozy. That four poster bed is amazing! How cool that it has a light in it!
Your end table lamps are lovely, too!

April said...

your bed is gorgeous

April xx

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

oh its all so pretty! and i love the lamps especially :-)
also that bunny is very cute where is it from if you dont mind me asking!
Lesley x

MaryPoppins said...

Ohooo Lacey it is all lovely, my cup of tea, and never OTT, I am doing my bedroom and want it so pretty, so you have given me much inspiration, thanks for showing me whats on your bedside table too :)

Love Mary X

thriftymrs said...

I love all of your beautiful florals.


P.s. I am pmsl that the word verification wants me to type 'suckjob'
I am crying laughing.

Country Bliss said...

Oh your bed looks beautiful not ott at all and your lamps are lovely too.
Yvonne x

MelMel said...

Hi hun.....I adore your room....its a wonderful sight to gladen any girls heart...fabtastic...so pretty!xxxxxx

Sal said...

I love your bed and all the other gorgeous, bedroom loveliness as well!;-)

Lace hearts said...

Thank you TattingChic and April.
Lesley, the bunny was from a local shop - I fell in love, but tbh she would be easy to make.
Thriftymiss - you did make me laugh!
Hi Mary - can't wait to see your bedroom once it's done!
Thanks you Yvonne, Melmel, and Sal. What lovely comments you all leave.

Marianne said...

Your bed looks so comfy and cozy. I bought the Rosali duvet cover yesterday at Ikea's. I couldn't choose so I bought both colors.

Take care,
Marianne.

white o'morn cottage said...

Love the bed! Can't have too many florals!

Kathryn said...

ohh it's lovely. Not OTT at all. As long as you love it thats what important.
With Smiles
Kathryn

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

if you do get time in your busy life and find the urge to make one of those bunnies and want to let a blogger buy it who would give it a lovely home please do let me know :-D
Lesley x

angel said...

How on earth can you think your going over the top! its beautiful.

Dont change a thing Lastic its all so lovely.............. Though i am NOT Jellyous..... no no no no no no i aint ....... MUCH. *smile*

Your bedroom looks so comfy and cosy... cant see how you ever get out of bed in the morning.

Isnt that bunnie your original bit of sewing? or am i thinking of something else???????

I love everything you do, your the bestest ever at all you do......

Love and huggles my ickle friend.
Mwah X x X x X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
And another squillion
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

MelMel said...

Happy weekendxxx

sharie said...

I want a big iron bed too! Those side lamps are lovely, had to give them a mention and as for those pretty sheets and bedlinen count me in for those pretties!

Monique Elisabeth said...

Hi,
thank you so much for visiting my home on the web !! I love visiting yours. Such beautiful things to see. I love all the floral sheets and your granny afghan looks great. I made two not with little patches, but I started with the granny block and just kept on going, combining different colours on the way. I made them 150 cm x 150 cm and I use them as a throw on a chair in my livingroom ; )
I hope you'll have fin with the Christmas crochet !!!!
Have a great Sunday !!

Elaine said...

Lacey, your bed looks fabulous, I love the way you have all the florals together, yummy.
And I love the quilt. I have 2 now, but neither have a scalloped edge, so jealous!!!

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Primrose Corner said...

Gorgeous bed and such pretty covers. I love the way your crocheted blanket is coming along - it'll fit right in with the feel. I don't think I'd recognise you from the 'heat' photograph though!

Trish said...

I was sure I had left a comment :( oh well.

Love you bed hun, ours is from the same company, definately worth the extra pennies I think xxx

Surfer Rosa said...

I too have a very similar bed from the Iron Bed company bought over 12years ago (and took me months to save up for as it cost a small fortune at the time!!) ... but what an investment as, like you, I still love it as much today as I did then. I am so envious of your beautiful bedding!
http://surferrosa7.blogspot.com/2008/12/lazy-day.html